Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Default flopped st8, big pot, turn makes flush with 2 callers.... your line?

Here is the hand.....
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $43.70
CO: $28.80
Button: $51.60
ssdex: $179.30
BB: $22

Pre-flop: (5 players) ssdex is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, CO calls, Button folds, ssdex calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">ssdex bets $1</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">ssdex raises to $10</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($35, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">ssdex bets $22</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($79, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">ssdex bets $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $10.7</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.3 returned to ssdex.

Results:
Final pot: $100.4
Old 03-23-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: flopped st8, big pot, turn makes flush with 2 callers.... your line?

Thought this was a very tough turn, but i pulled the trigger anyways........ is a shove better here? I kind of value bet since i thought utg was mini raising a lower st8, set or maybe a naked 10 and possibly super donking top pair.......... i really think this is an interesting hand...... thoughts?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: flopped st8, big pot, turn makes flush with 2 callers.... your line?

Fold preflop. Against a raise and a call your hand is heavily dominated most of the time and you'll have to play that hand oop in a big pot.

I bet UTG all-in on the turn.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:12 PM

fold pre-flop with 3.5-1 odds in a 5 handed game...... how nitty are you?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:16 PM

This fold is totally standard. KTo is crap oop against a raise and a call. It's even only hardly worth a call on the button against a tight player UTG.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:20 PM

im not worried about being oop with k 10, if it hits im almost never behind and position doesnt matter.... plus i'm generally rediculously +EV postflop at this limit...... this is never a losing call, and we are facing a min raise......... im never calling a raise bigger then minimum here fwiw.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:26 PM

I overbet flop like 5-6$. Very often they will have a decent hand and they will be willing to go brok, if they have QJ or sets. Also its very drawheavy so protect your hand. I also make a larger reraise on flop. Probably 12-13$.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:29 PM

Didn't see it was a minraise. Thought it was 25NL and a normal raise. Sorry. A call is marginal but ok then. I don't agree with "if it hits im almost never behind and position doesnt matter..." though unless you define "hits" as 2pair or straight. You will end up with a pair very often in a raised pot and that is awkward. And even if you hit trip Ks, you could be in kicker trouble. Unlikely against a minraise. But not impossible.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:31 PM

I find at nl50...... leading light oop will almost always induce a raise, which it did, although much smaller then i would have liked...... also, i can understand popping it to 12-13, but i wanted people to stay in with weaker holdings for value.......... which may sound odd, but i find in this spot most people have a tough time laying down 10 8, Q J, A Q and even K Q.... for a bet around 10 bucks, whereas 12-13 im only going to see sets and flush draws called.... plus i dont mind slowing down and check calling here, also, stacks made a big difference, if we were deeper i play it much different, being that worse case scenario i lose 80bb, i like my line here.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:33 PM

yes, i was referring to hitting at least 2 pair, i am pretty casual if i hit trips here and very rarely am i going broke