Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: 50NL RR Pot vs MARATHONER (bad LAG)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have one of the worst hands possible in holdem

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that's why I don't post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just giving my opinion, I'll stay out of your threads.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And if you are, this seems like a pretty good board for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an optimal way to play every hand, if you start allowing what your plan was to dictate what line you take instead of taking what is simply optimal, you're making a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, any such optimal way to play it is going to be dependent on your strategy in general (i.e., what kind of ranges you can have, etc.) and so I don't think this statement is at all clear. I think calling PF if you aren't going to be c/r'ing this particular flop more often than not is probably not the greatest of plans. I doubt your implied odds are as good as you think they are.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:23 PM

He 3bets me every hand I open and I am a nit! I think you played it fine, just let him keep betting when you hit your hand. Here is a very similiar hand but I hit mine.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($59.40)
UTG ($90.80)
MP ($32.70)
CO ($12.30)
Hero ($56.15)
SB ($38.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6.5</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($13.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $9.8</font>, Hero calls $9.80.

Turn: ($33.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $31.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $39.85</font>, BB calls $8.10.

River: ($113.05) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $113.05

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Qc Qd (one pair, queens).
Hero has 7h 9h (flush, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins $113.05. </font>
Old 03-22-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen him 3bet plenty, and about 100 hands before he 3bet me in the exact same spot to the same amount with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

evg, was he 3betting you because u were raising him alot? or was he 3betting everyone. were u 3betting him at all? if so, was it everytime?

if u 3 bet and he called, what happened on the flops?
if he 3 bet and you called, how'd the flop line go?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:29 PM

fold pf.

it's essentially a raise from $2 to $6 pf. even if you had a small pp instead, it's likely not +ev to call pf, but here your flush won't be disguised like a pp to give you the necessary implied odds. only your straight/two/trips would be disguised and you're not hitting those nearly enough on the flop for this to be profitable.

against a lag in position,, even a bad one, your pf line - from the raise to the call - just can't be profitable
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf.

it's essentially a raise from $2 to $6 pf. even if you had a small pp instead, it's likely not +ev to call pf, but here your flush won't be disguised like a pp to give you the necessary implied odds. only your straight/two/trips would be disguised and you're not hitting those nearly enough on the flop for this to be profitable.

against a lag in position,, even a bad one, your pf line - from the raise to the call - just can't be profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

first, it's not 2-6 it's 2-5.75. which actually makes a difference.

second, are you trying to say this would be a fold pf with a pair? WTF.

i had not been 3betting him, and he'd been 3betting everyone at the table, not just me in particular.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:52 PM

as far as a small pp, you need roughly 10 to 1, but i'd set the odds higher to compensate for the fact that against bad lags we have a tendency to go further than the flop with small pps when we don't flop a set and are beat

as for the difference between 5.75 and 6, if it makes a big difference, so be it

but the big red flag here is the pf raise in MP with 64s when you know the lagtard is in LP
Old 03-22-2007, 07:01 PM

preflops fine *unless* he has a pair. If he only 3bets with pp's this is a very easy fold preflop - if he'll 3bet AK then it's gravy, tho I'd much prefer to be doing this with a bigger stack. 200BB deep this is a call all day - with a little over 100BB it's thin.

(we're a 40/60 dog to unpaired Overcards and a 20/80 dog to an overpair - getting 2.7:1 or thereabouts)

I'd probably fold to the 3bet preflop - it depends lots on recent history I think.

if we had a pp this is a simple call if he's the type to stack off with AK on an A high flop or an overpair - if he's more of a nit post and only gets his stack in with nuts or near nuts then it would be a marginal call pre with a pp.

I'd guess you have almost no FE with effective stacks as they are. If you were 200 deep then a turn push is very sexy (if a little high variance) cos then you have bundles of FE.

as played it looks pretty standard I think.

How often does he show up with a better FD here do you think? Whats his range on the turn?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 PM

evg,

I make this call a lot preflop too, but I've given it up lately (mostly because I suck at playing OOP in 3bet pots). Whatever I'm not going to argue with it, but keep in mind it's really hard to flop a hand you feel super comfortable felting, and lots of times hands will just play out like this one. I also think you can't call here all the time with small pairs, with just 100bb the call is close especially against someone who is going to make it tough on you postflop OOP
Old 03-22-2007, 07:14 PM

why would you fold your FD on the turn getting 3-1 when you still have almost 30 behind when you call????