Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 03:45 PM

Default 50NL RR Pot vs MARATHONER (bad LAG)

Either you know him or you don't. If you don't, you probably should just move on to a new thread.

He accidentally made a nice flop bet here, but do I have any FE on a turn? I know how he plays preflop, but is he betting the turn with AQ here? With air? With what frequency? And I'm guessing since he sucks, he's never folding AK here either.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($110.20)
Button ($36.35)
SB ($60)
BB ($11.65)
UTG ($5.60)
Hero ($56.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.75.

Flop: ($12.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5.75</font>, Hero calls $5.75.

Turn: ($23.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $11.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $35
Old 03-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 50NL RR Pot vs MARATHONER (bad LAG)

two things with this guy, and to be honest i don't know why i'm sharing them with you but from the looks of his play you are beat...i've never seen him 3 bet. always in the CO/button he'd raise to steal, but it would always be a [censored] raise like 3bbs and i'd come over the top, he'd think and fold. every time.

also, one other thing, you can float him and steal it on the turn i've had a lot of success vs him with that yesterday. he stopped trying to steal when i had pos on him eventually.

so ya, nice fold

edited to add: u called a flop bet getting 3:1, ur getting the same amount on the turn...wouldn't he bet more with a better hand?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:54 PM

I've seen him 3bet plenty, and about 100 hands before he 3bet me in the exact same spot to the same amount with 99.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen him 3bet plenty, and about 100 hands before he 3bet me in the exact same spot to the same amount with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]
uh ... i still don't think this justfies playing 64s OOP in a RR'd pot. Seroiusly, even if his re-raising range is super wide, the majority of this range has to crush 64s ... &amp; i don't think you can make up for it in implied.

I think the rest is fine ... I wouldn't try to out-lag a lag by pushing him off a hand, i'd just wait and push more marginal hands with showdown value (as well as monsters of courses)
Old 03-22-2007, 04:01 PM

Look at the size of his reraise. Odds are too good to fold, especially since his range is so wide.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the size of his reraise. Odds are too good to fold, especially since his range is so wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have one of the worst hands possible in holdem (esp HU OOP), and youre getting 2:1 on the call pf, let it go.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have one of the worst hands possible in holdem

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that's why I don't post here.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm guessing since he sucks, he's never folding AK here either.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really LAG it would probably be a bad decision for him to fold AK here because it's likely to be at the high end of his range.

Your plan seems off to me. OOP against a LAG may not be the best place to call with this particular hand UNLESS you're planning on a bluff c/r or the like pretty often. And if you are, this seems like a pretty good board for it. I don't think the odds are really that great PF, and if he's going to be firing most flops, you're paying an awful lot of money to draw, on average. Or does he usually bet this small on the flop?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have one of the worst hands possible in holdem

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that's why I don't post here.

[/ QUOTE ]
lawl. ask yourself .. are you really going to make up the implied odds in order to make this pf call? can you outplay him postflop OOP in a re-raised pot. If he's a superdonk like you allude to, I assume that means he's a showdown monkey which you not going to push him off any kind of had in the near future, which means you need to hit a REALLY strong hand to make any kind of $, and even then we're only 100BB deep. The combination of all these things make 64s pretty much worthless.

stop posting questions asking for advice n then down-talkin advice that you don't want to hear.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UNLESS you're planning on a bluff c/r or the like pretty often.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the plan.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you are, this seems like a pretty good board for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an optimal way to play every hand, if you start allowing what your plan was to dictate what line you take instead of taking what is simply optimal, you're making a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
Or does he usually bet this small on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

More or les, yes.