Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: AA in huge pot

I think you have to call.

Hobbs is right. If she plays 75-85% of hands, then she probably doesn't realize she's counterfeited.

Actually, I think if that 5 helped her, she would be more inclined to think for a moment before betting.

Bad players like to make quick bets with a strong but vulnerable hand before processing whether that river card helped or hurt.

Folding a winner here would put a bot on tilt. Call, and be happy to get a read on her play.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:09 PM

As stated earlier, I think you have to call with the 5 improving your hand. If the river was a complete blank, I think this would be closer to a fold, but you just caught one of the cards you were looking for on the river. The fish probably has a boat or the straight, but you only have to see 98 a very small percentage of the time to make this call correct.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:44 AM

When I saw the flop card, I thought your question was going to be raise, or call. Then it is Fold or call. The pot is too big to fold here. If you fold, and the someone took the pot down with 98s, you would still be losing sleep a week from now. As it is throw one more big bet in there, and see a showdown. If you lose the pot, you might complain about your luck, but you won't be sleepless in seattle.