Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 PM

Default AA in huge pot

This hand has been bugging for a few days so here it is. For those not familiar to the Muckelshoot 10-20 kill game, it goes to a 15-25 and that is where we are for this hand.

Reads: First Villain is maybe a little lose preflop but a winner in this game. Second villain limps or calls 75-85% of hands, raises a few and folds a few, total fish. Second Villain posts $15 on kill button to my immediate right.

Preflop: First Villain raises in early position, folds to Second Villain who calls, I 3-bet with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], folds around to original raiser who caps, Second Villain calls, I call.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
First Villain bets, Second Villain calls, I raise, First villain 3-bets, Second Villain calls, I cap, both call.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checks to me, I bet, First Villain calls, Second Villain raises, I call, First Villain calls.

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

First Villain checks, Second Villain fires in stride, I ????

When I call the turn I'm getting almost 19 to 1 and assuming the first villain was calling I'm getting 20ish to 1 so even if I'm drawing to 2 outs I'm ok with that. Second Villain isn't the type of player that will raise the turn with less than two pair here, so I'm certainly behind. Who likes folding the river getting 21 to 1? I know two pair is in her range somewhere but the way she bet made it look much more like 76 or a full house.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: AA in huge pot

if you call the turn a 5/4/A is what you're looking for so you need to call the river as well.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:52 PM

The 5 looked good for sure but does the fact that this chick fires without thinking on the river change that at all? She's pretty weak and could certainly check the river with a counter-fitted two-pair.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 5 looked good for sure but does the fact that this chick fires without thinking on the river change that at all? She's pretty weak and could certainly check the river with a counter-fitted two-pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
she's a huge fish so there is good chance she doesn't even know she's been counterfeited if she holds 98
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM

I'm thinking I see a set more likely from the flop action. She's happy calling until later streets where the bets double, letting everyone else put money in for her.

Although she could be defending her kill blind with some connectors that hit two pair.

Or she had an overpair to the board.

Meh. I spew here.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:25 PM

I call, and I wouldn't think twice about it.

Folding a winner in a pot this big would be a disaster, and the 5 improved your hand. If you lose, it's only a bet in this monster, but if you fold, it's 20 bets and your sanity. I learned this the hard way over the weekend, and I hope you called.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Well, the way you finished your post, it looks like the second villian is the hand you are wondering about, but I would have thought the first villian could be a big problem.

Before I called the river bet, I would sure be looking over at first villian to see if I could pick up anything. If he flopped a set and filled up on the river, would he have played this any differently, planning to C/R behind you?

Also, if second villian is really loose-passive, the C/R on the turn when the 5 hits probably means a straight.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:08 PM

Looks like the kill has 67 or a full house with the 5 to me. I still call.

-d
Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 PM

your probably beat I think you gotta call down given how big the pot is.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:33 PM

i agree that this is an easy, if crying, call.

[ QUOTE ]
the Muckelshoot 10-20 kill game, it goes to a 15-25

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?? why?!? cutting out 5 chips is ok, but 6 is just too many?