Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: AK 3 handed 100NL reraised preflop hit the flop, best line?

1 4 bet pre flop most of the time (at least 75%). Given how you played it and your position I take stack-a-donk.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:15 PM

[OK, I'm still learning NL, and unlearning minbet, so feel free to ignore. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ]

I like the call on the flop.

I also like a check on the Turn.
If you've got him and you bet he's likely folding any PP. Might even some Aces (if he'd 3-bet them PF). Neither of which you want.

If he's got AQ/QQ here you're getting CR'd and you really have enough hand you want to see a showdown with if he's at all capable of bluffing you off the best hand.

Also checking the Turn allows you to induce a bluff on the river (and you can call pretty much up to pot if he's at all bluffish).
If he checks make a "call me" bet on the river, you'll get looked up with any Ace and some underpairs. Somewhere around 25-30 into the 58 pot.
(And you're pretty unlikely to be bluff CR given the action).
Old 03-21-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I probably just raise the flop. We practically have the nuts here, and I think that if Ax or maybe 99-KK are giving you action, they're going to give you action on a blank flop like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really see this. You think an underpair is giving you action on an Axx flop (which is not a blank flop imo) when you raised PF? You put in any heat on the flop he's going to put you on exactly what you have (a good Ace). We're just giving him an excuse to fold.
The only reason I can see him calling is because we *shouldn't* be raising him off a worse Ace or big underpair on that flop. But I doubt he'll think it through to that level.

I see absolutely no value in raising the flop giving villains probable hand range. We're letting him play the hand correctly.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm not saying we'll likely get action from a worse hand a lot. Which is why you 4-bet preflop, the A is a major scare card.

I'm saying that if we're getting action from a worse hand (AQ/AJ mostly), it's happening on the flop anyway. Waiting for the turn is not going to deceive your opponent. I mean, are you really routinely calling the flop here without an A here against a semi-unknown?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:16 PM

Perhaps not against a semi unknown, but given the action so far I'd be calling this flop with a lot of non ace hands against plenty of players. He's going to cbet here like always, and many times just has pockets himself.

Kind of depends if you like to call flop and steal turn, or if you like to raise flop on the whole.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:04 PM

repop pre against this guy. what are you gonna do when flop isn't so favorable for you? As played, just call. board is very dry and you'll be able to get value from big Aces (possibilty big pp pairs) while allowing him the possiblity to bluff again.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 PM

Onto the river, the really tricky part of this hand.

Turn (58) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Sb checks, hero bets 25, SB raises all in (rougly 50 more to me, I don't remember exactly).

Hero?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Not sure how aggro the $100 nl is playing these days, but at $200 I'm fourbetting this threehanded almost all the time, esp. against a villain with a history of threebetting me...Somtimes I overbet push, other times I repot it and call a push. I have had QQ tank and finally call at the end of their time bank overbet pushing this hand, so it's a very strong line...I would obviously mix it up if you plan on overbet shoving AK and do so with QQ, KK, AA as well.

On that flop, you pretty much have to be willing to play for stacks in the games I've been playing. I would probably just call and give him one more street to fire at it. I would call if he shoves turn, push if he bets less than all in, and probably just shove it if checked too.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Onto the river, the really tricky part of this hand.

Turn (58) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Sb checks, hero bets 25, SB raises all in (rougly 50 more to me, I don't remember exactly).

Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought what would I do when I suggested betting that exact amount on the river. That's a tough-ass checkraise. As I said though I don't think you're getting CR-bluffed an awful lot here. I think you're generally going to be seeing a minimum of AQ here.

And he's actually trying to make you think about calling because of not doing an auto CR-pot on the river.

But you're still only getting 5/2 on the call. And I don't think you're good that often unless SB has a habit of river checkraise-bluffing (and most people don't).

I think I find a fold here. And watch out for this player doing this in the future, and see if he has the goods.

Bitch of a spot though. He's either really tricky to double check a monster. Or capable of pulling of a mad river-CR.

So yeah, fold this time. And watch out for him trying to push me around next time.

V. interesting hand btw.

[My guess is you got sucked out on the Turn by his QQ.]
Old 03-22-2007, 03:41 AM

Hero called, Villian flipped AQos ftw.

The more I think about this hand the more I hate my call, but I also fear that I am being incredibly results orientated.

The real reason I called this hand is just because I thought what I would do if I had AQ or QQ in his spot (since those are the only two logical hands I could put him on), and I know that I would have bet the turn hoping my opponent had AK (deffinatly not being results orientated here), and that I could now commit with the best hand. where as I would check the turn if I missed.

I do this since I think that gaining value from stackin an A here is better even though you're letting KK and JJ off the hook.