Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 05:16 AM

Default AK 3 handed 100NL reraised preflop hit the flop, best line?

I recently joined the table when playin 4 handed, one player sat out a few orbits after i joined and now we are 3. The villian in this hand has 3bet me before and I had to fold since I had garbage, I've also seen him calling with very thin odds to improve on another players made hand, and then just check after making his hand. Seems to be playin somewhat predictable.

Effective stacks ~100

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the Button

Hero raises to $3.50, SB raises to 11.50, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (24) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets 17, Hero?

I can't really decide which is best here, raising gets value from AQ, or AJ. While calling keeps KK, QQ, JJ, TT, and 99 on the hook. This is the 2nd time he's 3bet me preflop however, so he could have garbage and I could be over analyzin the situation.

Also, how many of you 4bet preflop here, and if so to what, pot, or push? If you 4bet pot and he pushes it's an obv call right?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: AK 3 handed 100NL reraised preflop hit the flop, best line?

ip i mostly call w/ AK pf, as played just call, I don't see the point in raising for the reasons you mentioned. If he has AQ/AJ you'll be able to get value out of them from him anyway and if he has TT+ he isn't going to call. Your hand isn't vulnerable at all, no need to protect it, if he's behind he's drawing to 2/3 outs.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:23 AM

PF is fine. If I were OOP I'd probably 4bet/shove.

Call flop. If he bets turn, call and call/shove river. If he checks turn, bet if he'll call lightly, or check behind if you think he'll shove bluff the river.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:28 AM

3-handed I definately 4-bet PF. Take the initiative and try to take it down PF with what is probablt the best hand.

As played, just call. He probably has 2/3 outs and is drawing thin. Let him do the betting for you.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:13 AM

Call flop.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:19 AM

definitly call flop and withouth special read I would check behind turn to maybe get a river bluff bet which I would raise allin. often he hasn't hit anything here and would fold to a turn bet
Old 03-21-2007, 01:24 PM

I did in fact call the bet. Now onto the turn:

Turn (58) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero?

To get the most value from our hand, do we want to check behind to induce a river bluff, or bet for value here?

I'm usually inclined to check behind here to induce a bluff and because QQ and AQ just got there, but i'm not too sure he would check those hands to me since he could easily put me on an A at this point, I guess if he does have those he's just assuming I have 99-JJ and he doesn't want to lose me so he's checking for deception, i'm not too sure.

Best line?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:40 PM

I'd check it back. I think by this point, he has to believe we have an A. I guess we get some value out of AJ type hands by betting, but I'm not sure how big a range this is. Then again, if he has any pair, he's calling us down.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:47 PM

TKO, at first you say to check it back, but then you say if he has any pair he's calling us down. So if he has any pair, and we beat any 1 pair hand (and split only with another AK), than shouldn't we be betting here?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM

I 4-bet pot preflop and obviously call a push.

As played I probably just raise the flop. We practically have the nuts here, and I think that if Ax or maybe 99-KK are giving you action, they're going to give you action on a blank flop like this. The turn can only hurt your hand, either by bringing scare cards or by improving him. He has no reason to think you're folding any A, so calling the flop usually won't entice him to second barrel unless he's a complete maniac.