Old 03-20-2007, 08:51 AM
stigmata stigmata is offline

Location: UK
Default Re: found a cheat that is made possible by online poker?

I recently got two players DP revoked -- party do actually take this seriously so it's well worth reporting it to them.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 PM
LouisCyphre LouisCyphre is offline

I have reported three players to Party. Two of them today. Twice I get a response saying that there is no pattern to abuse the disconnection protection (I haven't gotten a reply in the third case yet). Especially the two players today abused it so blatantly because the situation couldnt have been more obvious for disconnecting to avoid calling any bets.
So how often do they have to steal the pot before Party recognizes there is a pattern? The way it is handled now is much too easy to abuse:
1) disconnect on purpose in a sticky spot
2) disconnect several times randomly when it doesn't matter to you to avoid a pattern
3) rinse and repeat
Old 03-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Easy17 Easy17 is offline

play on poker stars i dont think you can do that, your hand will be folded
Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 AM
DrVanNostrin DrVanNostrin is offline

Location: throwing my cards at the dealer

Dear DVN,

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate you taking the time to report situation of alleged
Disconnect Protection abuse at partypoker.com.

Starting with the hand that you sent #2762418988, we performed an
investigation that would allow us to examine thoroughly the account in
question *Grade200*.

We have looked into the players records and collected all previous
hands in which this player used the protection. Our goal was to look
for a pattern where the player usually disconnects in key moments.

Some of the parameters we use when investigating possible protection
abuse:

* The player's cards at the time of disconnection.
* The player's previous action (whether he was betting / raising) and
also the actions of the other players at the time of disconnection.
* The benefit obtained by a player disconnecting
* The timing of disconnection
* A players pattern of disconnections Previous allegations made by
other players and/or the system

Using the information listed above we have investigated the history of
the player thoroughly and have found that not only was the hand you
reported suspicious but this player has shown a pattern of suspicious
disconnects in the past. Based on this information we have taken away
the disconnect protection privilege for this player. In the event he
is disconnected in the future his hand will be folded. We have sent an
email to the player informing him of the investigation.

We thank you for taking the time to report your suspicions. Keeping
the games honest is our highest priority. If you need any
clarifications or have any questions or concerns please feel free to
contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you
with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Smita
Investigations Team
alerts@partypoker.com

Old 03-22-2007, 03:35 AM
mvdgaag mvdgaag is offline

Location: Chasing Aces

well done, DVP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 AM
LouisCyphre LouisCyphre is offline

As a follow up to my previous post:
The third player I reported did get his disconnection protection revoked.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 PM
antisocialgrace antisocialgrace is offline

Wow. I had no idea here were sites that still permitted this, absolutely insane.

The cost/benefit of cheating this way at the higher stakes is frickin humongous!! Infinite odds with any draws.

No wonder online poker has no credibility with anyone who doesn't play online poker.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 PM
antisocialgrace antisocialgrace is offline

yeah play on Poker Stars, then you can deal with players colluding and the stooges there denying it goes on.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 PM
cdlarmore cdlarmore is offline

I hate to say it, but " I told you all so".
Old 03-22-2007, 05:57 PM
MychCumstien MychCumstien is offline

Location: night putting.putting at night

the DP issues have been going on now for awhile (years). If you remember, party insituted tables with "no DP" for this very reason. they left tables with it obviously, but gave the players a choice, as it is very hard to police and somewhat hard to prove. Unless you come across someone who blatantly does it repeatedly. It is very annoying, and yes, I think most of us would consider it cheating. I won't play on tables with DP for this very reason. I have cable, so if I lose my connection, I'm hosed for awhile anyway, plus I'm willing to sacrifice a pot on the off chance I get disconnected (I never have with my current service) vs. letting these scumbags do this to me on their drawing "suck out" flush draw and straight draw hands.