Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Getting rid of manboobs

TxRedMan,

There is no upper chest. There is a pec major and minor and your delts. Please use correct terminology to spread misinformation.

To help you learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectoralis_major_muscle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectoralis_minor_muscle

For an example of why people think this trash:

http://muscleblitz.com/chest_muscle.htm
Old 03-19-2007, 11:50 PM

Going by that pic, and I mean no offense, you could stand to lose weight and probably lose the manboobs. Perhaps youre just genetically predispositioned to have more fat there than other areas; everyone has a problem area... who knows. Either way I think youre too soft overall to claim this as a unique problem. If your bodyfat % as a whole went down I think this problem would shrink as well (hahaha clever pun)
Old 03-20-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Getting rid of manboobs *DELETED*

Post deleted by death_blooms
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In Tx's defense...this is a link off of the site you put up for "building the UPPER chest"

http://muscleblitz.com/upper_chest.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 AM

Misread the comment on top of the link...my bad
Old 03-20-2007, 02:47 AM

OK, well aside from the terminology confusion, does he make a good point about doing the incline press, and staying away from flat/decline? This kind of struck me as odd, as I kind of thought the lower regions of my chest was what needed to be built up more, as that's where most of the "sogginess" is. The upper regions of my pecs feel quite hard.

Also, yea, I definitely agree about dropping the 15-20 lbs, and I am working on it. I have a pretty solid 4-day workout cycle, and I'm trying to add in 20+ mins of bike or treadmill at the end of each workout now. I've also just started on the ECA stack as an experiment. My biggest problem is diet and drinking - I'm living in college dorms, and I'm finding it very tough to eat well, and abstain from drinking.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 AM

Scotty,

Its a lack of basic physiological knowledge that is the problem. If you need clarification attempt to flex your upper/lower/inner/outer pecs and see if you can control which areas flex, feel free to use any props to assist you.

You'd probably be better off doing HIIT at other times than a 20+min cycle before your workout.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:15 AM

Thremp,

Are you trying to say that there is no muscle tissue in the upper chest?

I don't get what you're doing here. I never said that there was pectoral upper and pectoral lower, but I did say that incline will develop the muscle tissue in your upper chest- what else am I to call it? It will work more heavily on the muscle tissue on the northern part of your chest?

Meh.

Quit splitting hairs dude.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over the last summer I was using M1T's and 4-AD for a couple of months, and put on roughly 20lbs during that period.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you didnt do any post cycle treatment, or took a cycle without properly researching, this is your problem. a main side effect of pro hormones is "man boobs"

you can't target one part of your body to lose fat, you've just gotta up the cardio.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:29 PM

After high school I pretty much spent 3 years obsessed with bodybuilding and playing poker (a.k.a complete loser/tool)

If you want to really "look good" you have to change your lifestyle and not just go on a diet. While I don't recommend obsessing about it, you definitely need to make gradual changes that become lifetime habits. Don't make the excuse of living in a dorm as the reason for you not to get what you want. It just comes down to priorities. You have to want to reach your goal for your body more than you want to go out drinking and eating fast food. Don't try to change, just make the decision and stick to it.

With that said, get in the habit of eating for nutrition, not for pleasure. Record what you eat in a given day/week. Total up the calories and then make a reduction in your total intake. Also, definitely start doing some sort of light cardio everyday. Not too intense, however, so you are able to recover enough for the next day. Something as simple as 30-45 minutes in the morning at about 60-70% of your max heart rate. I like cardio in the morning so that it boosts my metabolism and helps burns extra calories throughout the day. Also, I'm not sure how often you're working out your chest, but don't do more than 2 days a week to prevent over training.

As far as diet goes, stick to low carbs (watch out for sugars) high protein and a low-moderate amount of fat. Also, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. Here is my diet:

Breakfast
6 egg whites
1 yolk
1 cup Fiber One Cereal
1/2 cup milk
Multi Vitamin
Glutamine
Gingko
Caffeine pill or Green Tea
Lots of water/Green Tea

Midmorning snack
Protein Shake (with water, not milk) **limit dairy intake**
1/3 cup of almonds (about a handful)
Fish Oil
Water

Lunch
Chicken salad/ Fish / Chicken Breast (one of these)
1 cup green vegetables with a little olive oil and lemon
1 cup rice/whole wheat pasta(one of these, not all the time)
water

Preworkout
Protein Shake (w/water)
creatine
caffeine

Post workout
Protein Shake (w/water)**added dextrose for uptake**
Multivitamin
Creatine
Glutamine
(Avoid any fats here because they slow down nutrient uptake)

Dinner
Chicken/Fish (just one)
1 cup green vegetables
Fish Oil
Flax Oil

Before Bed
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (hate it, but I do it)

And I'd listen to TxRedMan.... focus on incline and work your upper chest. Look for pictures of Arnold and Franco Columbo if you want to see what great overall chest development. These guys focused on incline movements much much more than any flat or decline movements.

If you have any questions you can pm me. Not sure if I covered everything, but this should be a great starting guide for anybody.

Mike