Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Getting rid of manboobs

What would be the most effective and quickest method of getting rid of manboobs/bitchtits? I think they look horrible, and really aren't proportional to the amount of fat I have elsewhere.

I do a chest and tricep workout as 1 day of a 4 day cycle. The chest specific exercises include bench press, sometimes incline or decline bench, bar dips, pec flys with freeweights, sometimes with cables and sometimes on the pec deck. My chest has gone through very noticeable improvements - bench from 145 to 205 over a couple of months (though much lower again now).

No matter what though, I can't seem to get rid of the layer of fat covering my pecs. I can notice my belly fat going up and down over periods of time depending on my eating, drinking, and workout habits, but the manboobs never seem to change.

Are there any specific techniques I could work on, or diet changes or supplements that could help with this?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Getting rid of manboobs

well first off all, what are you height and weight?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:29 PM

Scotty,

If you're pretty much done with puberty, aren't taking any prescription medications, and don't have a real case of gynomastecia (medical bitchtits), there isn't much you can do besides improve your body composition. I think depending on our genes some parts of our body are just more stubborn to let go of their fat reserves. If it makes you feel any better, for me personally, fat tends to go to my boobs and love handles.

Do you happen to know what your body fat % is? You may also want to have a doctor rule out gynomastecia next time you visit.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:37 PM

I'm 21 years old, so yea, done with puberty, 5'11 and ~205lbs. I'm pretty confident that I don't have gynomastecia or any actual condition. I haven't had my body fat% checked in a long time, but it was 17% I believe when that last happened.

Over the last summer I was using M1T's and 4-AD for a couple of months, and put on roughly 20lbs during that period. I'm pretty sure that my proportions stayed the same though, I just got bigger and stronger.

Here is a pic for reference - obviously not horrible, but not aesthetically pleasing either IMO.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Scotty,

Get a tattoo on your stomache. It'll distract from the manboobs. BTW, I think your chest looks fine. I guess it could use improvement, but you shouldn't be too concerned.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:09 PM

Yeah you look fine man, only thing you need to do is diet down a little, and keep working out. doesnt look like bitchtits to me.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:19 PM

Like I said, not horrible, but I really dislike that layer of fat covering them, which is especially noticeable when I am sitting down without a shirt on. Ultimately, I would like to get really cut pecs, but that is a far off dream that I might not ever be able to achieve. It's just kind of frustrating that no matter how much chest workout I do, or how much bigger/stronger my pecs get, it doesn't seem to be noticeable due to the fat.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:05 PM

run and eat better.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 PM

1) Lose fat mass to make sure you actually have manboobies.
2) Surgery.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 PM

They're not that bad Scotty. But FTR you need to stay away from flat bench press. And decline. I want you to focus on incline heavily, as building your upper chest will make your chest much more proportionate and aesthetically pleasing to look at. I've got a similar problem, though I'd say it's a muscular problem as opposed to a fat tissue problem. I did flat bench press so heavy for so long that my lower pecs just out developed my upper pecs, and it doesn't look right, esp. from the side. If you want to have a great looking chest (all guys that do usually have this characteristic) build your upper pecs. The upper pectorals are where it's at.

But don't kid yourself, Scotty. You could lose 15-20 LBS and those bitch [censored] would dissapear. If you focused on losing some weight and trying to focus on incline bench press when doing chest, I think you'd be happy with the results.