Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Support either of the big parties?
I support either the Republican or Democratic party 8 16.00%
Fuck the man. 42 84.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: To the people that say fold turn..

also, restrikt and dlp, the way i see it, this deep, im MUCH more likely to raise flop and fire again on turn as a bluff. its so much stronger because, as you can see, people will fold hands like AK! thats just ridiculous to me that you can call flop fold turn, but i dno. like.. when i do that, its air a ton, because everyone folds everything. i guess everyone folds everything cuz everyone else has the nuts? meh.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:29 PM

Oopsies, I think I misread the hand a bit =)

That's a very good flop for you... 77's a possibility, I would think 22 is pretty unlikely....

Yeah not folding is okay I guess.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:48 PM

quit educating the fish
Old 03-20-2007, 05:48 AM

Default Re: deeperish 10-25 AK hand.. thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
???

I really disagree w/ the conensus here, I like a fold. How often do you expect someone to show up w/ 2 clubs or air here? That is really all you are beating if he is somewhat good cause I can't imagine him playing KQ or something like that here.

[/ QUOTE ]
My thoughts too. Rare player will be making a move here after the flop!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 AM

raptor, i can't believe no one has asked yet how often, if at all, do you 3-bet him? i feel like if you don't 3-bet him very often he's unlikely to raise this flop with a draw(let alone air) as your range will be tighter and any 'intelligent' villain would know this and call instead of risking getting 3-bet(although i guess as stacks get deeper raising for deception with and draw and position could be okay).

anyway, on the turn there is ~4.5k in the pot after his bet, and you have ~5k left. i think based on your read on him, your image, his image, and whatever else you want to add in that eventually adds to you making a decision(feel/table dynamics/etc) you can really only judge whether or not it's better to continue or not. i still think it's a good hand to post because i'm interested in why you would push the turn over calling with the stacks as they are? only fwf has given a reason to why one would push, but i feel like kq is either raising flop and checking turn or not raising flop at all. and as i said before i think a draw is not raising flop, but if it does with these stacks i think it's checking turn very often unless it just picked up a lot more outs and thinks you are folding often enough for a bet to be more +ev than a check.

basically, i think his range is very weighted towards air/nuts than it is to tp/draw hands. so, based on your read of the situation i'd either call and make another decision on the river, or fold.

also, wrt people saying 'zomg folding ak so exploitable blah blah blah'...it's not like we wouldn't realize he's NEVER folding to us in a 3-bet pot. this is largely dependent on whether or not he is playing back at us(if we are even giving him a reason to) or not imo.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:05 AM

results?
Old 03-20-2007, 07:53 AM

a7clubs cant be it u have aclubs. 10qclubs or the aj clubs is the only other flush draw i see firing on a semibluff after the j came. Hands I expect to see are ak aa kj or a set. otherwise its air. Is three betting flop not an option here? I like shoving turn as played. If folding fold flop not turn.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 AM

You need to make your decsion on the turn here %100 of the time, you're going to be looking at a big bet on the river a whole lot here. I think he shows up with 77 even AA here. Deep Stack=don't go broke with one pair.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 AM

i definately fold. give him some hands you beat i really don't see many... clubs? but clubs also are pretty likely to check behind on turn or play flop differently... he also would be afraid of getting cr all in by AA on turn.. Its not like u bet flop and then checked turn (where he might be floating any pair then trying to get you to fold TT or QQ on the turn).
Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike shoving vs this guy here. I'm torn between calling and folding, but I would call if he has not been firing a lot of rivers (3 barreling).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, funny. I also hate a shove here but I like calling a lot more if he is firing a lot of rivers on a 3-barrel.

Irieguy