Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Live concerts in LV

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rodger Waters will perform "THE WALL" in it's entirety on June 16th at the MGM Grand. Rodger was a founding member of Pink Floyd, and the genius behind this legendary album. We can expect the full wall stage show to be included!

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you give a citation for this? It looks like this appearance is part of the current tour, where he's playing Dark Side of the Moon at every show. I can't find any confirmation that he'll play The Wall on that date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, my friend who filled me in had it backwards. Its Dark Side of the Moon. Which is even cooler because to my knowledge he hasn't done this before.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:37 PM

hardrock hotel
Old 03-16-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MGM Line up includes:

Rod Stewart 3/17
Dave Matthews 3/23 & 4
Josh Groban 4/7 (chikfest)
Police 6/15

The MGM Arena had surprisingly good sound when I was there for the Don Henley concert recently.

Through a friend of a friend with the band Chicago, MGM has apparently changed its policies that will make it tougher for bands to profitably come to LV in the future. But this is hearsay and the current list of bands is, pardon the pun, ROCK solid. Except for that Groban kid.

It is also way cool to go to a nice dinner, walk to the concert, and walk to the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

We saw Bob Seeger two weeks ago, and Eric Clapton last Sat. On a roll. Both shows were outstanding.

If MGM screws this up, as they seem prone to do many things, then screw them. It's a nice venue, the shows are terrific, the prices not terribly bad, good seats, and the only downside is spending a week getting in and out of the parking garage.

My guess is you'd be hard pressed to find a single weekend that doesn't have at least one concert worth seeing, which would get a bit expensive. (Plus cut into the profitable poker games on Sat nights.)

Clapton is God.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:41 AM

I just got invited to see Earth Wind and Fire tomorrow night, that should kick ass. I don't have the details yet, just know there is an extra ticket
Old 03-16-2007, 03:53 AM

Yep, that should kick ass. I'm sorry I didn't see them when they toured with Chicago. I saw them togther on Today. First time in four times I've seen Chicago when they didn't kinda suck in concert. You should have a great show.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:54 AM

By the way, ZZ Top is coming to the Hilton. Barry Manilow, Art Garfunkel, ZZ Top. How weird is that?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got invited to see Earth Wind and Fire tomorrow night, that should kick ass. I don't have the details yet, just know there is an extra ticket

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them several years ago and they did indeed kick ass. Horn section was HOT!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 AM

PSA: If The Shins ever play Vegas skip it. I saw them in NYC the other night and they sucked. I like them a lot too, so it was disappointing.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:38 AM

Mandalay schedule

Aerosmith 4/28
Bon Jovi 5/26
John Mayer 6/8

Saw Mayer a couple of years ago. He is an incredibly talented guitarist who switches styles all through his performance. Went orginally cause the wife digs him. Enjoyed it myself.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Pollstar LV link

I always check Pollstar for any city I'm traveling to.
Beat: This site seems to be the only one that gets popups past my blocker. Worth it though, goldmine of info.