Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Party 1-table SNG Poll - 3 options

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the response to this poll will be accurate. I have a feeling that the people that want shorter stacks and levels by hand count will be more apt to vote. Those who are upset tend to be the ones who speak out the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points, I think you're right. The poll margin error is likely +/- 10 or 20% and it is likely biased towards people who are dissatisfied.

But IMO it's worth the 5 seconds to click because:

1) having SOME data to provide supplements Party getting feedback through reading a sample of random posts/quotes

2) A poll provides at least a tiny bit of value to Party (& Party users), particularly if it comes out slanted heavily toward one side or the other.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:13 PM

Case you have apparently never seriously played these games. Most of the edge gained by two plus twoers is because the blinds go up so fast and we know how to adjust. If you don't play SNGs regularly you have no idea what is good or bad for them, and thus, your uninformed opinion is of little value.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill answer

Timed... because when it gets short handed, the blinds go up way too fast with the # of hands structure.
This is a crucial part in the sng, and when the blinds get to a certain point it essentially becomes a pushing fest which lowers a typical 2+2er's edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you don't post in the STT forum. The pushfest is all based on math and is very familiar for most 2+2 STT'ers. This is one of the biggest advantages that 2+2ers have in Party STTs. Now that they have moved to timed levels, which plenty of other sites already have, they are going to run longer, which will likely lower $/hr.

And to those saying its too early to judge:

Hmm, well maybe some of us have played with timed blinds before and prefer playing with handed blinds.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And to those saying its too early to judge:

Hmm, well maybe some of us have played with timed blinds before and prefer playing with handed blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding!

One other item you mentioned I hope Party considers- there are PLENTY of other sites offering time-based SNGs.

Party's offering was at least in 1 way unique- there was a very defined structure using the hand counts. The result was using some fairly straightforward, cookie-cutter strategies (like the Party $10+$1 SNG level-by-level strategy I've seen in the 1-table forum) worked quite well.

One potential benefit of the time-based SNGs: it might make it easier to 6 or 8-table, since you can perfectly stagger when you hit each of the later stages.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:55 AM

Default NM

bump