Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: 1-2 at Commerce

[ QUOTE ]
Now that the results are out, what do you think of Vince calling the turn and leading out on the river? There's really only two hands I can have in that spot that have him beat (suited king-high flush and (maybe) Qd,Jd). There are more hands that he beats (3 ways for AA, 3 for TT, and A,Kd). I thought about this later and would really have been in a tough spot if he bets the river. I prolly fold though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were in VV's spot I think he should be calling the turn and folding the river if the board pairs, or c/c if not. I think leading out the river in his spot is getting a little too greedy, since you have to be on a FSD play to not get rasied (and obviously your line thus far has looked like the nuts). I'd be pretty ecstatic when you checked behind the river.

Maybe it is just the hands you have posted on here, but in those you have played your hands very aggressive. Which is interesting, becasue I think we played together at the Bellagio and I had noted you as slightly less agro. Or perhaps, that is why your aggro lines are working so well! Nice hand.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:44 PM

No I wouldn't be folding to the bet on the river if I just called on the turn. The point is, you're putting in extra money on the turn against a player not known for laying down winners but who surely has you beat. If you were confident enough to fold to a river bet then that makes your play much better and I just assumed you'd be calling one bet on the river after 4 betting the turn. Sorry if I came off as harsh.

xmrstyle,

I call your turn 4 bet and c/r river. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 03:11 PM

Not harsh at all and I never mind honest criticism. I just don't see any added benefit to calling his re-raise on the turn with the intention of calling one more on the river. A 4 bet only hurts me when he happens to have the nuts, which is less likely here given that he's in the bb. And even then, I still have 10 outs.

I'd rather get that 4th bet in on the turn so I can make a 5th when I fill up (even though Vince is no doubt good enough to fold a paired board, I at least give myself the chance to make the extra bet for the same price as showing it down).
Old 03-13-2007, 04:33 PM

I guess I just felt like the possibility of me having a hand of like K3d or similiar was great so for him to 4 bet me must have meant he held the Kd....Obviously I was wrong and I should have called. Also, I probably should have thought a little more about his preflop raise after 2 limpers, prob much less chance of KQd even though the 2 limpers would have no outs of winning in a 9-18 game let alone the 100-200 game.....I love the raise to chk the river, one of my fav plays. This did not look like the time for it and I really dont like the play in this spot, BUT I understand it and it worked out better than you could have ever dreamed!!!!

As for the smoke breaks, definately costs you money and as for xmrstyle.....folding NOT an option [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

See you boys next time....DB
Old 03-15-2007, 12:03 AM

Hi Kevin,

Well after the results are out I'd of course 5 bet the turn and check/fold if the board paired but bet anything else. hehe. Just kidding...

In the reality of the moment I'd probably call and check the river and then feel like I got owned when you checked behind with your set. I'm not sure what the right move is on a blank river. I think you did a similar move to me twice while I was at Commerce so against you leading the river is probably correct.

I was just thinking it'd be pretty interesting if a 4 flush got there and how you'd have to bet if checked to now.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was definitely Kevin J. from Chicago. He told a friend of mine about the hand. He had aces. The real question now is who played the hand the worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy who folded the winner, by a mile

way to kill the guy's thread with results though

[/ QUOTE ]