Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 03:49 PM

Default 1-2 at Commerce

100-200 During LAPC.....Two people limp in both play every hand....A decent player Kevin (i don not know him to be tricky but a good solid player) raises....Small Blind calls and Im in the BB with 6d2d, I call as do the limpers....flop AdTd7s, we all check to Kevin he bets I call and one of the limpers calls....turn is 9d completing my flush, I bet, limper calls, Kevin raises, I 3 bet to charge the limper to draw to his 2 pr or higher diamond the limper folds and Kevin 4 bets......Action back to me what should I do....I have played a few sessions with Kevin and from what I have seen doesnt just throw money in the pot for no reason....

I can fold as if he has KQd or KJd I am drawing dead and he did 4 bet it and it is his most likely holding...

I can call and chk call the river as he can have Askd or AA, but I dont expect him to 4 bet with these hands as he doent normally like to put in money without best hand and I thought it was very obvious I had a flush and I am not known for my big laydowns.....In a 3-6 or 4-8 game against a tricky opponent I would call more often, but against this opponent is it an easy fold?

Thanks, DB
Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 1-2 at Commerce

I would normaly check call here, your description of this hand gives away the fact that you did check call, you saw a higher flush and didn't follow your gut.

Given the description of the hand keeping your feelings aside, I would check call.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:09 PM

If this is vs 2+2er Kevin J - 30's quiet white guy who takes lots of smoke breaks and stacks his chips super high - I'd fold for sure. Against unknown good player I probably pay off.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Fold and hate it. Probably pay off in the moment and hate myself later.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Is this the Kevin from Chicago? Really nice guy. If this is the guy I'm thinking of in similar situations against me he's tried this with a hand such as AK (K of diamonds) with the intention of checking the river if he didn't get there.

I'd call the turn and expect him to check the river if he doesn't have you beat. He might have you with the nuts but I think your hand is good often enough.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:05 PM

I heard through the grapevine that he had pocket aces and you had the winner. Oops. The board would have paired anyway.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:30 PM

It is the Kevin from Chicago who takes lots of smoke breaks....who is tribefan?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 PM

It was definitely Kevin J. from Chicago. He told a friend of mine about the hand. He had aces. The real question now is who played the hand the worst?
Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was definitely Kevin J. from Chicago. He told a friend of mine about the hand. He had aces. The real question now is who played the hand the worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy who folded the winner, by a mile

way to kill the guy's thread with results though
Old 03-12-2007, 10:47 PM

Obviously I know you and I assume Barry is the one who told you....I folded and at the time thought it was a really easy fold, I didnt even think twice about it until Barry told me he had set...I actually think I played the hand fine and I think he played it ok too. My hand is not supposed to be good here against him and we are talking about 2 more bets not just a river fold (just calling the raise on turn and letting the limper call with the 8d would have to be wrong).....

As for his play I think it was ok, even though it was so obvious I had a flush (assume river check was coming). This was not a play I thought he was capable of making (obviously I was wrong)...against what I would perceive as a tricky opponent or one that I know raises to check river, I call, but I had never seen him make a play like that and prob played 20-30 hours with him.....funny thing is big laydowns not exactly my specialty [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].