Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: 99 hand

Thanks for the food for thought eskimo - I'll look at it that way next time.

Still, he didn't raise so i lost nothing extra in the end, he must have slipped on his mouse cos there's no way i'm not raising a bet with Kings full.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what hands without a K you think SB double donks with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any 6?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:12 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Limit: $0.05/$0.1

Am I ok to post such low limits, or is it frowned upon

[/ QUOTE ]

Of Course its ok, this is the microlimits afterall [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Keep it up.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1, folds, Hero (poster) calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

gets a bit scary here

Results:
Final pot: 13.5BB

Not sure about the PF call as I get a bit confused with the non-premium PPs, is a raise generally better, to blow opponents away, or do i want action if I get the set? Any comments greatly appreciated as always.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, this is a fine bet, but I'd fold to a raise from villian. I'd be somewhat worried about him having a K. He bet the flop, then donked the turn(maybe trying to represent the 6. Nice raise), but I wouldn't give him credit for that. Bet since there are quite a few things he could call with here, just be prepared to fold to a raise.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of Course its ok, this is the microlimits afterall [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Keep it up.

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1, folds, Hero (poster) calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

gets a bit scary here

Results:

Not sure about the PF call as I get a bit confused with the non-premium PPs, is a raise generally better, to blow opponents away, or do i want action if I get the set? Any comments greatly appreciated as always.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, this is a fine bet, but I'd fold to a raise from villian. I'd be somewhat worried about him having a K. He bet the flop, then donked the turn(maybe trying to represent the 6. Nice raise), but I wouldn't give him credit for that. Bet since there are quite a few things he could call with here, just be prepared to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't folding a full house be terrible here in a huge pot against most players? Especially against someone who's played this hand fairly terribly?
Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

gets a bit scary here

Results:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't folding a full house be terrible here in a huge pot against most players? Especially against someone who's played this hand fairly terribly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 14.5:1 on a call means that villain must be check-raising with a worse hand 6.5% of the time. I don't even know if you get check-raised by a worse hand even 3% of the time. You're really hoping for a donkish 6, which is very very unlikely.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:13 PM

you make an interesting point. But here's someone who's rep'd the K on the flop, the 6 on the turn....he just seems so likely to raise the river thinking he's got 6s full.

So , b/c, check it through, or b/f. I guess its close?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you make an interesting point. But here's someone who's rep'd the K on the flop, the 6 on the turn....he just seems so likely to raise the river thinking he's got 6s full.

So , b/c, check it through, or b/f. I guess its close?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Bet-call is bad relative to the other two. Betting and checking are close as the turn donk-call can be a dumb-aggro king or a MUBSy 6. There really isn't a lot else that's reasonable. I would probably check because I think it's dumb aggression more often than MUBS.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:29 PM

Sensible play I think.

I'd suspect that you are up against kings full, so only difference for me would be checking the river. Given that 5 or 6 players saw the flop I think there is a good chance that there is a king out there, most likely with the blind. His play I think is consistent with a king plus weak kicker. Having said that, he didn't CR the river (but you wouldn't know that when you had to act).
Old 03-14-2007, 07:40 PM

...hadn't read the outcome when I commented. I'm honest like all us poker players!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what hands without a K you think SB double donks with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any 6?

[/ QUOTE ]

donks the flop with BP?