Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Re: TT $5 freezeout

[ QUOTE ]
I hate folding in this position. You have a big stack and players should fear you and the bets you make. Keep passing positions like this and people will take liberties with your blinds and your stack. You have to keep fighting at the tables and here I see no reason to slow down. Yes you have a big stack but once you get into the mindset that you do not want to risk it you have already lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with mclane here if you wait for the perfect cards in the perfect spot your stack is going dwindle, especially with the structures $5 tournaments will usually offer. You still need to accumulate even with a biggish stack and a hand like TT where u are probably ahead of the villains range and will have position on him..i dont think you can afford to pass up spots like this if youre aiming to win (if ur tryin to fold into the money then fine)..
Old 03-13-2007, 09:22 AM

The thing is though you never have loads of time in a tournament. Blinds increase quickly and when you once had an M of 50 add the antes in and suddenly your M is 20. I would rather make small moves like this early when I have chips and can drop it than wait until later and play for my whole stack.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM

I think calling is standard here. Folding is weak/tight.

Since villain raised from early position, if I reraised, I might make it 600, representing a big pair and then fold to a preflop push.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 AM

folding TT here is very weak/tight IMO.
If you're so afraid of reraising why not call and see a flop and see what he does after? A single preflop raise does not give you much information.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 AM

For me Calling>>raising>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>folding
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 PM

I hate his small raise, but Ive still got to play the hand, I cant fold 1010 here. I think I call because with a mid pair that is ruined by quite a lot of flops, we want to keep the pot small rather than have a monster pot on the flop.