Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Re: NL10 - Good time to bluff river?

Why I don't like bluffing at 10NL:
villain is like 43/33/2

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($11)
UTG ($18.80)
MP ($10.65)
CO ($10.50)
Button ($34.90)
SB ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.65) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.05) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

guess villains hand!

results in white:

<font color="white"> Villain shows a set of Aces </font>

Final Pot: $2.05
Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 AM

I wouldn't bother bluffing on OP's board, MP at least has a Q and isn't going to give you credit for the straight / two pair

The only time I bluff with absolute junk is on a when a scare card hits the river / turn against someone who has been leading out up until that point. Even then you have to have seen them at least laydown a hand in a tough spot before - the amount of middle pairs that will call when theres four to a flush on the board is crazy
Old 03-13-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
too lazy to read existing posts (i.e. grunchin)

I would rather call the river here and see wtf he's playing like this (pretty good note material) than try and push a villian off a hand at $10NL

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-13-2007, 01:42 PM

I think you are generalizing a lot of your opponents who play NL10 into actions like "Oh well he isn't betting strong so he must not be strong," and then finding out otherwise and then adjusting your generalizations and carrying them over to your new NL10 opponents.

You learned something about your opponent in this hand. Just because he isn't betting like he has strength doesn't mean he doesn't. That should help you find a more precise hand range for your opponent and that should allow you to formalize better bluffs against him. Other opponents will be different and you will have to observe them for a while before you can make accurate hand ranges for them and make a bluff bet geared toward them.