Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: KQo river decision

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually a fan of the limp here if we had a firmer read on UTG as tight/passive. A 16/5 guy ain't limping much from up front, but what he does limp always has KQ beat & often has KQ crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are giving him too much credit for a hand. If we grant him his stats as acurate (we have a small sample size)... His stats don't really have him as a rock and we don't really know if he is positionally aware (many or most tighties aren't IMO). But I agree that we don't have much of an edge over him. Still, I think part of the value of us raising is having him fold the better or splitting hand some of the time to our pressure when we both miss the board. Also, if we raise we can take the blind money as overlay for our HU battle a lot of the time. A PF raise against this guy (or a guy with his stats) is definately profitable IMO.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are giving him too much credit for a hand. His stats don't really have him as a rock and we don't really know if he is positionally aware (many or most tighties aren't IMO). But I agree that we don't have much of an edge over him. Still, I think part of the value of us raising is having him fold the better hand some of the time to our pressure when we both miss the board. Also, if we raise we can take the blind money as overlay for our HU battle a lot of the time. A PF raise against this guy (or a guy with his stats) is definately profitable IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

In late position & with no other limpers, I agree. But in the HJ with another player already in, I'm much more inclined to just limp behind & hope to flop something. Again, with a read based on more than 45 hands.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:22 PM

What the heck did the UTG+1 have to call the BB bet on the river? Not sur how u can raise that hand on the river, one of two has to have it. Esp. with the weak checks after the turn.(Really, guess what I have guys!)
Old 03-10-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would raise pf. make it 450 hands on UTG and i limp along.

turn check is goot.

i'm popping the river. calling a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really frequent this forum, and generally just pay attention to my own threads, but you've helped me quite a bit, including in the micros in the past few weeks. Thanks man.

OOC, when did you become a mod?
Old 03-10-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the heck did the UTG+1 have to call the BB bet on the river? Not sur how u can raise that hand on the river, one of two has to have it. Esp. with the weak checks after the turn.(Really, guess what I have guys!)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's highly unlikely that UTG+1 has us beat. I know he could be using the 'going for overcalls' play but I think we rarely see that play, especially here after we checked the turn. IMO both these players have quite large ranges after we checked through the turn and a much smaller percentage of holdings can beat us. I really think we're ahead significantly more often than not. Not raisng the river is a costly error IMO.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:40 AM

wtf? you have a straight. also, raise pf
Old 03-11-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would raise pf. make it 450 hands on UTG and i limp along.

turn check is goot.

i'm popping the river. calling a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really frequent this forum, and generally just pay attention to my own threads, but you've helped me quite a bit, including in the micros in the past few weeks. Thanks man.

OOC, when did you become a mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

no prob. sort of what the forums are for, no? modthing: a couple days ago.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
modthing: a couple days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're my hero.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
modthing: a couple days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]