Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Full Boat: Slow down ever on river?

Against myself I would just call the first river bet. But myself would be cool enough to check raise the river with AA. Against other people I would usually instaraise the first bet and be really sad when I get 3-bet. Then I would just call. He played his hand exactly like AA and not like any other very strong hand.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I would just call. He played his hand exactly like AA and not like any other very strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt make much sense to me... everything up to and including the river lead didnt he unarguably play his hand more like 8x 22 or 77 than AA? I think hes much more likely to bet 3bet 828 with 77 in a blind battle (particularly if he doesnt expect u to raise 8x on the flop but thinks u ll take cheap showdown bet turn ck river or ck turn call river lines with ur 2x or 33-66) than to 3bet AA after u raise call the 3bet on 828 and raise the turn on a 7? I would also think his turn 3bet gives away much more about his hand than his flop play (which makes trips or a boat at this point much more likely than any overpair right?).

After the river 3bet against any good player, I wouldnt expect them to do that enough with 22 or 77 to cap since Im not raising a worse hand hardly ever, but this is still a large part of an unknowns range here (at least as much as AA or A8 i would think, discounting AA due to the turn action and 77 and 22 due to the river action by some degree). I also left out 82s since he probably folds that in a blind battle most of the time but its possible as well. some players raise all their suited junk in these spots ( there actually are no combos of 82s on this board if u want to be a nit about it but in a similar spot ud probably have to give some thought to it here, altho again if u dont think he'd bet3bet that on the river like 22 or 77 than its not in his range i guess).

I really wouldnt expect a good player not to check-raise here with A8 or AA tho and probably even 77 or 22 just for all the times we may have overplayed 8x? I think if we were check-raised then it would just be a call since we'd have to be ahead 2/3 to 3bet which we probably aren't. When its 50/50 tho I tihnk its pretty opponent based. Spewy lags this is probably a cap anyone who can read hands we probably shouldnt put another bet in but its not more than a fraction of a bet in -EV.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't slow down on the river yet. The only thing that beats you is A8 so I raise at least once more here.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you beat???

[/ QUOTE ]

77, 22 or just maybe an (overplayed) 8. I just call, but if he can't 5-bet then capping can't be a big mistake (if any).

[/ QUOTE ]

he is overplaying 77/22 too.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then I would just call. He played his hand exactly like AA and not like any other very strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt make much sense to me... everything up to and including the river lead didnt he unarguably play his hand more like 8x 22 or 77 than AA? I think hes much more likely to bet 3bet 828 with 77 in a blind battle (particularly if he doesnt expect u to raise 8x on the flop but thinks u ll take cheap showdown bet turn ck river or ck turn call river lines with ur 2x or 33-66) than to 3bet AA after u raise call the 3bet on 828 and raise the turn on a 7? I would also think his turn 3bet gives away much more about his hand than his flop play (which makes trips or a boat at this point much more likely than any overpair right?).

After the river 3bet against any good player, I wouldnt expect them to do that enough with 22 or 77 to cap since Im not raising a worse hand hardly ever, but this is still a large part of an unknowns range here (at least as much as AA or A8 i would think, discounting AA due to the turn action and 77 and 22 due to the river action by some degree). I also left out 82s since he probably folds that in a blind battle most of the time but its possible as well. some players raise all their suited junk in these spots ( there actually are no combos of 82s on this board if u want to be a nit about it but in a similar spot ud probably have to give some thought to it here, altho again if u dont think he'd bet3bet that on the river like 22 or 77 than its not in his range i guess).

I really wouldnt expect a good player not to check-raise here with A8 or AA tho and probably even 77 or 22 just for all the times we may have overplayed 8x? I think if we were check-raised then it would just be a call since we'd have to be ahead 2/3 to 3bet which we probably aren't. When its 50/50 tho I tihnk its pretty opponent based. Spewy lags this is probably a cap anyone who can read hands we probably shouldnt put another bet in but its not more than a fraction of a bet in -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason when I read the hand I thought we took it to 3 bets on the turn and that this guy bet into us on the river.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is overplaying 77/22 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess. But he will overplay these hands very frequently, I think. I agree with you, though, that this looks more like A8 or AA.
Closed Thread