Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: PLO8 Preflop decision and flop action

[ QUOTE ]
You failed to practice hand reading - if you've seen 2 aces, and someone raise from EP in front of you, it's highly likely three aces are accounted for. That means villain, if he has any kind of hand standards at all, has to have exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]LLx. Which is exactly the case that rolls you the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 03-08-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You failed to practice hand reading - if you've seen 2 aces, and someone raise from EP in front of you, it's highly likely three aces are accounted for. That means villain, if he has any kind of hand standards at all, has to have exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]LLx. Which is exactly the case that rolls you the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

People min. raise with all kinds of crap. I wouldn't assume that he has to have an ace. But it is more likely than not that he does have one.

You do realize there are four aces in the deck, right? Or were you just mocking the post in the other thread about the "he has to have 23LL"?

So he doesnt have to have the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Its probably about a 50% chance, but likely less, that he has it. Most opponents will fold the flop if they don't have it, if you have a tight image, so betting the flop is fine. This is when you and the villain are relatively unknown to each other. If he has reason to believe you are going to bet the flop when holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] whether or not it's suited, and he has either a set, a flush, or even two pair, accompanied by a good low draw, then he has odds to call down if you are going to keep firing. He could push the flop with these hands, but he'll only get called when he's beat.

If you are going to bet with or without the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], then he can sometimes pot it back in you face with just the nut low for fold equity.

Three combos of AA for you:

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] you never have the Nut flush
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you have it 50% of the time
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you have it 50% of the time

So you'd only have the nut flush 1/3 of the time if you auto bet your AAWX. If you fold most of the time when you don't have it, then he has correct odds to push the flop with just the naked low.

I'm really distracted right now with work, so I'll check it over in a few minutes. But basically your line is standard against unknowns with a tight image (I'd also raise the pot preflop though). Once you have history against an aggressive opponent, you have to play poker.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 PM

were you just mocking the post

I think that would be it. You failed to practice sarcasm detection, or something [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its only 50c less isn't it?
I like rounded numbers. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats close enough
Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at you.

Omaha Hi/Low 8-or-better: 500000 sampled boards
cards scoop HIwin HIlos HItie LOwin LOlos LOtie EV
Ac Tc 3d Ah 195476 336109 156036 7855 0 107723 75292 0.574
Ad 2d 4h 3h 120766 156036 336109 7855 177096 0 75292 0.426

always get it in PF if you can, or by making a PF bet which commits you. They only hand which has you is AA2x, and then you are still only 45-55.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
were you just mocking the post

I think that would be it. You failed to practice sarcasm detection, or something

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at life.