Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: $27: Pkt 4s on the bubble

[ QUOTE ]
I think more importantly than anything. How has the Big Stack been playing? Has he been raising constantly or has he sat back and watched the action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to find the complete hand history of this tourney but off the top of my head Button (CL) wasn't an aggro push bot.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If SNGPT says it's close, then you should call. Your FE is leaving on a midnight train to Georgia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this....that's why I think it's a call. If you were just slightly deeper than I think it would be best to muck and try to steal some blinds in the next hand or two....but if you fold, you likely won't be able to steal since you'll be too short.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM

I fold. Calling off our stack with small pairs on the bubble is not something I like to do.

I think it's reasonably close though.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If SNGPT says it's close, then you should call. Your FE is leaving on a midnight train to Georgia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this....that's why I think it's a call. If you were just slightly deeper than I think it would be best to muck and try to steal some blinds in the next hand or two....but if you fold, you likely won't be able to steal since you'll be too short.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we fold our 44, on the next hand stacks will be as follows:

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t400 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t7930)
Button (t1610)
Hero (t1320)
BB (t2640)

I think it really depends on the villain. After he posts the BB, he'll be sitting on a stack of 2215. If the SB shoves, he'll need to call off about another 900 (almost half his stack), and if he calls and loses, his FE will be on that train to Georgia. In his mind, he's 2nd in chips and should easily be able to get into the money. A lot of villains will disregard pot odds and EV and call fairly tight here. But as I said, it really depends on the player.