Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: 25NL Flopped TPTK against a lot of action

Instafold.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:39 PM

I guarantee someone has KJ here. Probably get shown 99 or TT too. You are safe to believe you are drawing to runner runner ...
Old 03-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Drop it like its hot. You raised the flop, and Villians said "I don't care what you have."
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I would go for either a call or a very big raise. Particularly with the info you have on your opponents, I don't think there were many hands that were going to fold to the $8 raise. If you call here, you can hope for a nothing card on the turn and then you can bet out after your opponents check. So, I would probably go for a call even more than a raise. Even if you put in a big raise, if the first person decides to call, then the second person is undoubtedly going to call. Your luckiest scenario is that the first player folds and you get heads up. Worst case is what happened, which is you get some all ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling is not better than raising here. it gives you absolutely no information and it allows anyone drawing to do so cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]The raise was fine. I think raising a bet with top pair (which isn't a good hand) on the flop is a very good way to find out where you stand - and it showed you are last in line.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 AM

Just to clear this up, I felt like this line was super-standard too, but I was flamed/berated by several people and decided to double check to make sure I'm not being a nit
The only time I could see being ahead is if BB had something like QJ and was playing it aggressively, while UTG called with the flushdraw assuming I'd overcall with my TPTK/set/straight/w/e (or maybe if they were both on the flushdraw, BB having AsKs and UTG having 8s7s or something like that). I really didn't think this was likely enough to call the overbet shove so I folded.