Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Default 25NL Flopped TPTK against a lot of action

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($32)
Button ($35)
SB ($5.80)
BB ($35.60)
UTG ($38.95)
MP ($30.35)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $34.35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $37.7</font>, Hero folds.

UTG is a loose/passive donkey
BB is a 40/16/6 but usually prefers to play smallball

I hate going broke with TPTK because it's never ever good when I do, especially when I get this kind of action. This board is drawy so I feel like smoothcalling is bad, but the odds that BOTH villains are just drawing seems next to nothing so I folded
Old 03-05-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: 25NL Flopped TPTK against a lot of action

good fold, too many people going nuts and all you have is top pair.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good fold, too many people going nuts and all you have is top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
what about the action leading up to it?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:40 PM

I don't mind the raise, you played fine
Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Easy fold on a scary board with this much action. Someone will have a hand very close to the nuts.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:48 PM

I like the raise also. If BB calls, UTG has odds to draw to a flush, which can be solved by raising to 12 or so, but that would also be building a large pot without necesarrily knowing where you stand.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the raise also. If BB calls, UTG has odds to draw to a flush, which can be solved by raising to 12 or so, but that would also be building a large pot without necesarrily knowing where you stand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I originally typed in 10 then decided to raise to 8 and fold to a push since KJ was likely given the action
Old 03-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Nh sir
Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 PM

I think I would go for either a call or a very big raise. Particularly with the info you have on your opponents, I don't think there were many hands that were going to fold to the $8 raise. If you call here, you can hope for a nothing card on the turn and then you can bet out after your opponents check. So, I would probably go for a call even more than a raise. Even if you put in a big raise, if the first person decides to call, then the second person is undoubtedly going to call. Your luckiest scenario is that the first player folds and you get heads up. Worst case is what happened, which is you get some all ins.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would go for either a call or a very big raise. Particularly with the info you have on your opponents, I don't think there were many hands that were going to fold to the $8 raise. If you call here, you can hope for a nothing card on the turn and then you can bet out after your opponents check. So, I would probably go for a call even more than a raise. Even if you put in a big raise, if the first person decides to call, then the second person is undoubtedly going to call. Your luckiest scenario is that the first player folds and you get heads up. Worst case is what happened, which is you get some all ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling is not better than raising here. it gives you absolutely no information and it allows anyone drawing to do so cheaply.