Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: First Live at Foxwoods - Signing Up, Etc

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to all who posted ... I played for 2-1/2 hours (I just wanted to get the "first time live" out of the way ... It was, indeed, $5 per half hour, so I will probably play $2/$5 next time ... OMG, I could not believe the play ... 10 of us, only two others of which had a decent clue ... I was going to play TAG, but couldn't catch a face card the first hour ... Loosened up a bit, and finished just down $27 ... I missed some value bets, and laid down top pair too many times early on bet, call, re-raise hands when I was waaaaay ahead ... Once I figured out the players, I played my draws a bit more aggressive, and played the players far more than the cards ... It was fun, and I can't wait to go back, again, this time knowing what I know (even though you guys prepped me ahead of time, I couldn't believe the $1/$2 would be as bad as the penny/two penny Stars tables LOL) ...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worse...at least the Stars .01/.02nl players know the basic rules of poker, many people in the 1/2 game do not.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to all who posted ... I played for 2-1/2 hours (I just wanted to get the "first time live" out of the way ... It was, indeed, $5 per half hour, so I will probably play $2/$5 next time ... OMG, I could not believe the play ... 10 of us, only two others of which had a decent clue ... I was going to play TAG, but couldn't catch a face card the first hour ... Loosened up a bit, and finished just down $27 ... I missed some value bets, and laid down top pair too many times early on bet, call, re-raise hands when I was waaaaay ahead ... Once I figured out the players, I played my draws a bit more aggressive, and played the players far more than the cards ... It was fun, and I can't wait to go back, again, this time knowing what I know (even though you guys prepped me ahead of time, I couldn't believe the $1/$2 would be as bad as the penny/two penny Stars tables LOL) ...

[/ QUOTE ]

which day were you there?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 PM

I was there on Saturday about 10:30am ... I knew I'd have to get there before noon to have any chance of playing much, as I was taking a day trip from Maine (3-1/2 hour drive) ... My girlfriend, who never gambles (although she plays poker good enough to beat NLHE and O8 50000/80000 chip SNGs on Stars) won $125 with quad aces on a video poker game for about 10 minutes of "work" lol ...
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's worse...at least the Stars .01/.02nl players know the basic rules of poker, many people in the 1/2 game do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played them both this week, Foxwoods $1/$2, and Stars .01/.02 (I never play cash games, but wanted to mess around a bit with no risk), and I'd almost have to agree with you ... OK, I take that back, I do agree with you ...