Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: A thread to bitch about roomates.

Here maybe you guys can settle this roomate dispute. Not a big one but we disagreed. We both had our laptops stolen awhile ago (neither of our faults), and my ipod was stolen too because it was plugged in. My roomates wasn't, he kept it in a drawer. I had borrowed his ipod cable though and now that's gone. It's only like 35 bucks but neither of us want to pay for it/go out and find one. Do I owe him a new one? If it matters we're old friends since elementary school.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here maybe you guys can settle this roomate dispute. Not a big one but we disagreed. We both had our laptops stolen awhile ago (neither of our faults), and my ipod was stolen too because it was plugged in. My roomates wasn't, he kept it in a drawer. I had borrowed his ipod cable though and now that's gone. It's only like 35 bucks but neither of us want to pay for it/go out and find one. Do I owe him a new one? If it matters we're old friends since elementary school.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should replace the cable.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I usually believe that a borrower should replace a lost/stolen/damaged item, the fact that the loss occured during a break-in where both of you lost valuables makes me think that you shouldn't have to pay him back.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:38 PM

i think i might have a winner but its long and i want a nap first
Old 03-03-2007, 08:41 PM

i've been pretty lucky in that i've gotten along with all my roommates more or less. BUT, i've had to throw the dishes in a college roommates bed. of course they were so piled up he washed them in the bath tub. the fargin bath tub. i had to go to the gym to take a shower, for the next two days.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 AM

My roommates park behind me in the driveway and never buy toilet paper, dish soap, etc. Whatever. Everybody deals with this stuff at some point. Consider it a rite of passage.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:53 AM

My roommate was an [censored] and had some sort of his anxiety disorder controlled by medication.

So, I hid his medication inside of my mattress and he went literally insane. True story.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:36 AM

I think I have a decent edge on this competition. First the regular small stuff(to help understand why I put up with this [censored], he was a friend since childhood and he was a replacement for a roommate who got called into active duty like 2 weeks before the lease started. He's also a really, really likable person):

1. This roommate was filthy. Now, I'm dirty as hell, but he'd leave like open jars of peanut butter lying on their side on the floor. We had mice as a result. Once he forgot to put away a thing of ground beef he bought and left in the bag against wall in the living room. It was like 3 days before I tracked down the smell.

2. He was also terrible with money. He moved down and got a job at a movie theater. His ride to and from work was this chick who was working there as a second job and for the free movies. One day she got pissed at her boss and walked out. He decided that because it was his ride he should quit too. He did not have a second job. He got another job eventually, but then his store got bought so he was on paid leave for like 2 months. After the store reopened he decided not to show up. I lived with him for like a year and a half and he had something like 7 different jobs in that time period, and I don't think he gave notice at any of them. This resulted in him owing me and the other roommate $300-$600 apiece pretty much throughout. That didn't stop him from randomly dropping $400 on a suit or throwing parties, though.

3. He'd never do dishes. We tried both the turn by turn system(his turn would be 2-3 weeks) and the do your own system and they both failed miserably. We ended up just buying a ton of silverware.

4. We were originally on a food sharing program where we'd buy food as a group and pitch in an equal amount. Then one day he came back from the grocery store with like $200 worth of random [censored] that he wanted us to pay our share for.

That's all relatively small stuff. Here's the big one:

We lived in half of a duplex near campus. He had a tinyass bedroom in the attic that he pretty much just slept in, so I'd never go up there. One day he, this chick he met on the internet, me and my girlfriend, and a mutual friend to go see a movie. We all do that. This was his first date with the chick. She seems cool enough, but she has a kid with the dad out of the picture, a little weird for a ~21 year old. Whatever. A week or so goes by and she is spending a lot of time over. Another week goes by and the kid(who is like 18 months old or so) seems to be with her a lot. A bit weird(do you really want your toddler spending a lot of time with college kids?), but again, whatever. One day I decide to make a collection visit on the roommate in his room. I go up to his tinyass bedroom and lo and behold there is a MOTHER [censored] CRIB in it. Within two goddamn weeks of their first date my roommate had moved his girlfriend and her toddler into his 8x8 without so much as a headsup.

The other roommate and I were so floored by the audacity of this manuever it takes us like a month to confront him regarding how crazy it is. We get him to agree to up the share of the rent and utilities he would owe us, but the kid and girl stayed at our house for like another 4 months before they all moved out, leaving us with crayon all over the wall and lots of terribly awkward moments.

It's pretty weird to have a child in the house when you're going to college. Also he had knocked her up within a month or so of her moving in so the last few weeks we got the toddler and the pregnant woman experience. Since then he's tried to kill her at least once and himself at least twice.

Cliff's Notes: Bad college roommate moved girl he barely knew and her toddler into duplex without notice or permission.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i had a roommate that would eat and drink all my [censored], so i had to start putting my name on my stuff.

he also put dish soap in a new gallon of milk and gave me mudd butt for a week.

what a dlck

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO I love this post for your creativity
Old 03-04-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since then he's tried to kill her at least once and himself at least twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you fail at killing a pregnant woman? Fish in a barrel, I'd think.