Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: I dont think I can cry from physical pain..

There used to be a guy in my high school class that could not feel pain at all. He would injure himself for attention or let people hurt him and had no reaction. Some time after graduation he shot and killed himself, I always wondered if he felt the bullet.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh ya, I had 4 impacted wisom teeth pulled out, I didnt get the general anesthetia just the laughing gas an novacaine, I felt aweseom actually, and was lifting christmas trees 24 hours later, the worst pain from that was the pain pills that turned my stomach, and made me green.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had deep cavities drilled out and filled with no gas or novacaine or anything. It wasn't bad, just felt like a lot of that feeling you might get when you eat something too cold - at least when you have a cavity or something.

Worst pain I had was from a burn. It didn't hurt at all when it happened, but hurt a lot later. Broken collar bone was pretty painful too. I didn't cry. I think for most men it would take more than just pure physical pain to cry. Torture or war or something like that is probably a lot different since you would have a lot of strong emotions. Maybe a really really sharp chronic pain would make someone cry more out of frustration.

As far as pro athletes go, emotions run pretty high and there is probably a huge disappointment going along with a bad injury.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:31 AM

worst pain I've had is from kidney stones. I didn't cry, I've had them like 4 times so I'm getting used to them now. The pain is so bad it always makes me puke but I still don't cry.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There used to be a guy in my high school class that could not feel pain at all. He would injure himself for attention or let people hurt him and had no reaction. Some time after graduation he shot and killed himself, I always wondered if he felt the bullet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you witnessed more than you thought you did.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been stabbed in teh calf, had a finger chopped off, among other thigns, none of this stuff hurt at all, adrenaline rushes etc, but I still scream out whenever I bang my shin on the corner of my bed.

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT. wow. care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]It hurts when you bang your shin on a hard, pointed object. Bed frames tend to be right around shin height. Let me know if you need more details.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after you've had an anal fissure (w/ a side order of fistula) come back and make the same boast. You'll
have my respect forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall full out crying from this, but I believe my eyes watered while I was on the can... very annoying/painful/surprisingly scary experience.

I cried like a little girl when my appendix ruptured when I was 14.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 PM

I had cancer twice-never cried
I had kidney stones twice-screamed but never cried
I had multiple surgeries including 2 feet of intestine removed-no tears
Burst appendix-no cry
I had adhesions that adhered my liver to my intestines and kidneys--they couldn't diagnose what was wrong for months and wouldn't give me anything for pain and I cried every day after a few weeks

Pain and time is what wears you down..you can deal with anything for a short time...when something is agonizing over weeks and months you will eventually break down
Old 03-01-2007, 10:14 PM

I fell over once during a soccer game on asphalt while running, Landed on 4 fingers of my right hand (thumb excluded) which got bent upwards at an extreme angle. I cried like a little baby.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try pulling out 4 wisdom teeth at once while still awake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had all four pulled while awake and it didn't bother me at all. I haven't cried since I was 12 though (30 now), so maybe I'm broken.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 PM

OP, I don't think most grown men would cry from the physical injuries you mentioned. But, I'm sure just about any man will cry once they reach a certain threshold.

EVEN JACK BAUER CRIES