Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: I do this sometimes 10/20NL

[ QUOTE ]
checkraising this flop with overpairs, sets, and drawings hands is good. checkraising with 77 is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
gotta balance
Old 02-28-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
checkraising this flop with overpairs, sets, and drawings hands is good. checkraising with 77 is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
gotta balance

[/ QUOTE ]

yea tyea g-p we all know how you love shania and doing turning one pair hands into a bluff and i thought we were cool becuase we were irl friends
Old 03-01-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
gotta balance

[/ QUOTE ]

yea tyea g-p we all know how you love shania and doing turning one pair hands into a bluff and i thought we were cool becuase we were irl friends

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol is this not standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

too much HU has warped you
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 AM

this line only has value against a weak player, i.e., someone who might call this raise then go check/check, or someone who folds an overpair.

i think you can get a fold from a weak 10, but with this board and the open coming from the CO his range has to be wider than normal and this board has some draws, so too often you'll have to double barrell some turns when he calls the raise on the flop, which isnt good considering your holding.

i'd rather see a c/c or lead at the pot.

leading here looks much stronger than c/r.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
gotta balance

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you have to have 77 in your range for cr'ing this flop in order for it to be balanced? i think you can balance your cr range so as not to be exploitable just by cr'ing the right mix of very strong hands and hands with 2 overcards or a flush draw or even some real airballs. whats the value in doing it withn 77?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
gotta balance

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you have to have 77 in your range for cr'ing this flop in order for it to be balanced? i think you can balance your cr range so as not to be exploitable just by cr'ing the right mix of very strong hands and hands with 2 overcards or a flush draw or even some real airballs. whats the value in doing it withn 77?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's saying you gotta merge your range or you become too easy to play against. if your range was an alphabet with a being the nuts and z being the nut low, if you only CRed a-d and x-z on this flop, you'd be easy to play against in theory. shania loves it when you CR with e-w every once in ahwile.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
gotta balance

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's saying you gotta merge your range or you become too easy to play against. if your range was an alphabet with a being the nuts and z being the nut low, if you only CRed a-d and x-z on this flop, you'd be easy to play against in theory. shania loves it when you CR with e-w every once in ahwile.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that you have to balance your range but i don't see why the bolded part is true. can you explain?
since checkraising with 77 basically turns it into a bluff i don't see why its important that you bluff with 77 as well as airballs. do we expect to sometimes win showdowns with 77 after taking this line?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:34 AM

yes it is a bluff but his range is so small to call here (10x, jj-aa, ax of spades, k10-kj spades) villian is going to fold >50% of the time here, plus ur setting up driving everyone at the table crazy when ur c-r'ing with anything and not the nuts or nut draws only.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 AM

and also 77 has decent albeit not fantastic showdown value vs that range