Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Can long-term hard drug usage improve your life?

[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys, heroin must just feel GREAT. You don't think your life would be slightly better if you could have that feeling once or twice a month? I think the answer to that is clearly yes, and the question is more whether it would be possible to do so without accepting too much risk of addiction and all that other crap that comes with it. But with heroin, even taking it once or twice a year would probably entail too much risk (even an incredibly small risk of ruining your life could make the whole plan -e.v.). But there must be some amount of moderation that makes mushrooms enjoyable and not risky, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly believe, but cannot prove, that getting addicted to heroin is a moral choice. It is not instantly or even quickly addictive and a lack of perception, self-awareness and set of cirumstances that would allow someone to become addicted by mistake, that is without understanding exactly what this will entail, is very, very rare.

I'm neither an especially good person, nor someone blessed with self-control but I have taken heroin for sustained periods of up to two weeks on three different occasions and to think that anyone could be in any doubt as to where this leads is naive or extremely unlucky.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:09 AM

While this is an interesting discussion, the amount of comments prefaced or concluded with "While I have no personal experience with... I think" sort of makes a lot of the points raised moot/undeterminable. I know some people that have ruined their lives from heavy drugs (I count everything but weed + shrooms in that category, btw) but I know others that seem to operate somewhat coherently on the junk for years.

What I DO know, however, is that they all seem to be a steady rate of decline that proportionally seems to act in direct correlation to the amount of money in their pocket. When they have a job/income/savings, they seem alert, happy and managable... As funds deplete the problem worsens, they care less about their health/appearance, and the nervousness between having a fix ASAP and whether or not they'll be able to get their NEXT fix after that seems to preoccupy their minds more and more.

It really makes me wonder whether we'd see so many detrimental effects/lives ruined if the drugs were seen as more of a medical/social problem and provided free of charge/cleaner by governments, etc. Who knows.

What I DO know, however, is that weed seems to be along much of the same lines. I am, even by pothead standards, a heavy user of marijuana. Poker has benefitted me in having more money than most college kids (not a lot, but tens of thousands is more than enough to support a drug habit that's $300-500 a month) and I've really turned to pot to make me enjoy myself a lot more. With my Volcano Vaporizer I'm saving a lot of cash and my lungs a bit, however, and I've more than managed to balance it with the rest of my life. While I may be baked about %70-80 of the hours I'm awake, I attend classes, interact with others and my family, manage to play cards, etc. It IS possible. If I didn't have the poker money I could easily see it slipping into a much bigger problem. For now, it's just sort of fun.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 AM

only if they kill you.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of people who use hard drugs (even heroin) on occasion and never become addicted. I know people who use coke every week or two and haven't resorted to fellating strangers in order to get their next fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

Becoming addicted =/= blowing strangers to get a fix.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 AM

If feeling really good for a decade or so and then dying a quiet lonely death is better than the prospects that a person otherwise has in front of them then I'm sure something like H or E could be a long term improvement. Any type of tripping drug would just get boring, if doing LSD forever sounds like a life improvement, maybe you should try some E or H.

I think a lot of people make blow work for them as an auxillary to an otherwise upper middle class family life. Most of them do it for a reason other than physical addiction.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So obviously Heroin is probably ALWAYS -e.v.,

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Heroin/opiates are the only hard drug that has no harmful effects on the body other than it is highly addictive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, but does anyone use heroin regularly without ruining their life?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of just ignored that comment. I have seen a couple recovering Heroin addicts. What it did to their bodies was disgusting.

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

i 'would of' kept my mouth shut if i didn't know what i was talking about. ADDICTION caused those people to engage in risky behaviors, neglect themselves, share needles, etc. HEROIN itself has literally zero negative effects on the body or brain, even over a long period of heavy use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this is just complete bollocks...heroin [censored] you up.

NIH