Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Can long-term hard drug usage improve your life? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342270)

pete fabrizio 02-27-2007 03:02 AM

Can long-term hard drug usage improve your life?

So obviously Heroin is probably ALWAYS -e.v., but I'm pretty sure that people who use marijuana responsibly and in moderation can improve their overall quality of life. But what about harder drugs? Is it possible to responsibly use cocaine or LSD or some other hard drugs over an extended period in a way that enhances your life, without excessive risk of turning into a junkie?

A_C_Slater 02-27-2007 03:19 AM

Re: Can long-term hard drug usage improve your life?

No.

We have evolved to be optimally "enhanced" as is in our natural condition.

Short term usage can have a positive effect however. An example would be LSD psychotherapy or an actor using cocaine before shooting a scene.

whoisthedrizzle 02-27-2007 03:27 AM

i'm not an expert on this, but isn't smoking mary jane pretty harsh on your lungs, not to mention like it might give you all sorts of other mouth and throat cancers?

additionally, cocaine is a helluva drug.

Golden_Rhino 02-27-2007 03:37 AM

Maybe it's because I was a kid in the 80s, but I am pretty sure that any type of drug use over a prolonged period of time can't be good. I think the best you can shoot for with drugs is that you do the least harmful one.

nutsflopper 02-27-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So obviously Heroin is probably ALWAYS -e.v.,

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Heroin/opiates are the only hard drug that has no harmful effects on the body other than it is highly addictive.

whiskeytown 02-27-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not an expert on this, but isn't smoking mary jane pretty harsh on your lungs, not to mention like it might give you all sorts of other mouth and throat cancers?

additionally, cocaine is a helluva drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

doctors have been prescribing marijuana with vaporizers for some time now - no inhalation/combustion issues -

or you can eat that cookie, babee [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

to answer the OP -

WHAT, ARE YOU [censored] KIDDING?

every person who uses that stuff deterioates as the addiction gets worse - long term? - absolutely not - that's one of the things about drugs -

those with enough money to support a long term habit end up like [censored] - (David Crosby, almost any 70's rock star) -

absolutely no - I'd argue the same with alcohol as well though many can manage it in moderation better then I long term -

EDIT - I put cocaine/heroin in there - not sure LSD is a HARD drug - nor mushrooms - but those two in particular just do a number on anyone long term, and don't even start on meth.

rb

WhoIam 02-27-2007 04:08 AM

There are plenty of people who use hard drugs (even heroin) on occasion and never become addicted. I know people who use coke every week or two and haven't resorted to fellating strangers in order to get their next fix. Almost any illegal drug will be safe when used "responsibly and in moderation" and unsafe when not used this way. Even tylenol can destroy your liver if you regularly take too much of it.

Golden_Rhino 02-27-2007 04:11 AM

This thread is reminding me of a Chris Rock line in regards to being able to do things: "I could probably drive my car with my feet, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea".

You might be able to do hard drugs for a long time and not suffer any damage, but it just doesn't sound like that good of an idea.

pete fabrizio 02-27-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Heroin/opiates are the only hard drug that has no harmful effects on the body other than it is highly addictive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, but does anyone use heroin regularly without ruining their life?

firstyearclay 02-27-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, but does anyone use heroin regularly without ruining their life?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of just ignored that comment. I have seen a couple recovering Heroin addicts. What it did to their bodies was disgusting.

fyc