Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: $50 Live hand, lay down my FLUSH?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you guys raise 94s w/ two limpers???

[/ QUOTE ]
err yeah?

Otherwise I'm to bored...

[/ QUOTE ]
that's why we multi-table

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a live game...
Old 02-28-2007, 07:41 PM

I mull over this for a second and then realize I have no choice but to call.
You're getting nearly 3:1 odds on your call (maybe more like 2.5:1, i'm too lazy to do the exact math), so you only need to be ahead one time in 3.5 or 4.
You've got to think about this on a higher level than simply "what could my opponent have" - you have to think of this as "what does he think I have." If he doesn't buy that you have the flush, it's much more likely that you have him beat. Given your history, he's likely to think you're making a move, and he might simply want to shut out your options and take down the already big pot by pushing in.
As far as what he has - he could have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x , he could have Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x, he could have AQ not of diamonds, he could have KQ, he could have two pair or a set. He could even be on a total bluff. Or he could have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and have you beat. It's less likely that he has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] considering he limped UTG and is somewhat TAGgy.
Given his range and the fact that he very well may put you on a bold steal, you've got to call this, no doubt.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mull over this for a second and then realize I have no choice but to call.
You're getting nearly 3:1 odds on your call (maybe more like 2.5:1, i'm too lazy to do the exact math), so you only need to be ahead one time in 3.5 or 4.
You've got to think about this on a higher level than simply "what could my opponent have" - you have to think of this as "what does he think I have." If he doesn't buy that you have the flush, it's much more likely that you have him beat. Given your history, he's likely to think you're making a move, and he might simply want to shut out your options and take down the already big pot by pushing in.
As far as what he has - he could have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x , he could have Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x, he could have AQ not of diamonds, he could have KQ, he could have two pair or a set. He could even be on a total bluff. Or he could have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and have you beat. It's less likely that he has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] considering he limped UTG and is somewhat TAGgy.
Given his range and the fact that he very well may put you on a bold steal, you've got to call this, no doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put and explained... thankyou.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He then INSTAPUSHED. I mean what else could he have right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get over this. Whenever I have reraised in a situation like this, I KNOW I am gonna get all my money in. SInce I have decided it beforehand, I am instapushing whenever you raise. It damn sure doesn't determine the strength of my hand, though.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM

OP- you say you feel that he will raise your C-bet with any 2 cards he limp/called? If thats the case then bet the flop close to pot and instashove over his raise. you will take down a nice pot a ton of the time, and you almost always have outs when called.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 PM

also im with EMC on preflop, only because of your read that the limper will not often fold to your c-bet