Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Help me kick someone out

He's been here 5 nights. I told him he had to leave 3 days ago, and again today. He's out doing errands now, and so I put all of his stuff is outside. We had no real agreement. We wanted to help him get set up with something stable, but it soon became clear that he intends on just staying with us.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I let an old friend who is havng a lot of problems stay at my house. He has a court hearing in Philadelphia for assaulting his room mate March 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a sec, I'm rereading this statement. It can't be right. Wait, wuh? "lot of problems stay at my house..... court for assaulting his roomate" Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

My Plan for you

1) A comprehensive neurological workup by a licensed professional

2) Call the cops and say he assaulted you. Who will they believe?

3) Buy a gun 3 - 5 years from now for protection.

4) Dinner at Tony Roma's

LLL
Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 PM

Get a list together of homeless shelters and food pantries, and things like that and give them to him. Be empathic and understanding but firm and unwavering. You have to go. I am your friend and care about you but you can't stay here, you have to go. Repeat, repeat. At some homeless shelters there are counselors, etc who can help him 'get set up' (i.e. counseling and direction towards getting a job or whatever). If he isn't out all day every day now pounding the pavement seeking employment and you suspect he is going to blow off court sounds like he plans on staying. So you are enabling him by letting him stay since he isn't following through in trying to get set up. At a shelter he will be more motivated.

If worse comes to worse you can change the locks or call the cops and lie and said he assaulted you but hopefully you can tactfully but firmly get him to leave, i really do recommend that you help him with a few phone numbers and addresses of homelsess shelters or what have you.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM

He is not your friend, he is an [censored]. Don't be friends with [censored].
Old 02-22-2007, 09:29 PM

Keep his lathe as rent.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:41 PM

I think you've done all you can do by tossing his stuff out. If he doesn't get the hint or tries to use the residency BS to try and stay at your place then you should go the eviction route. If it turns out that he is really trying to get a job, etc. you might want to consider giving him a little more time/leeway but barring that you're just going to have to write him off as a friend as there's probably more to the story that he's not telling you.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you might want to consider giving him a little more time/leeway

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a good idea. The longer he stays the more likely you will have to go to court to evict him. Additionally, you have already found out that he is willing to stay longer than he is welcome.

I would be surprised that a 5 day "guest" has acquired tenants rights. Don't tell the cops that you said he could stay for a while (indeterminate time frame) or "till he got on his feet". Say that he was coming for a long weekend and then was going back to PA.

Pay a cab to take him to the nearest shelter.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 PM

how in the world did he get back in after you locked him out and threw his stuff out???

The only thing I can think of is that you "caved" and let him back in at that point
Old 02-23-2007, 12:35 AM

First off, unless your old friend's assault case is actually attempted murder or something, nobody in Texas is gonna care whether or not he goes back to Pennsylvania.

It sounds like you're a nice guy and your buddy isn't. In a situation like this what happens next is really kinda up to the guy who isn't nice and there's not a whole lot you can do about it until he makes his next move.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:47 AM

haha