Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: friend thinks party rigged - help with links/info to show otherwis

I don't know why I'm allowing myself to be dragged into this, because I'm really not concerned about it. All I'm saying is:

It is not inconceivable to me that a computer program could pick out the looser/poorer players and slightly adjust at what odds their draws hit. Winning players would still win and losing players would still lose. It would just take longer. This would be an ideal situation for a poker site.

So no... You would have no way of identifying this without performing a complete and thorough audit of the site itself. In the meantime, I don't see that happening any time soon.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Isn\'t this the pot calling the kettle black?

[ QUOTE ]
CLAIM to be winning? Are you kidding? I've been playing professionally before most on here were old enough to vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, Lestat - I think that you're a [censored] hypocrite!

You explain to me this: How you can post throughout this thread about being able to prove that poker sites are or are not cheating the players and at the same time expect us all to believe that you are a winning player. This type of logic is pure hypocrisy. And you sir - are simply a moron. You've proven throughout this thread that whether or not you're a winning player - remember we don't have any proof or this - you have no concept that being a winner poker player is not solely about playing hands correctly at the table.

You can choose to respond - but I don't think you have anything to say worth further reading or response.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:02 PM

<font color="blue"> Why would they need to rig anything when a natural, properly randomized deck of cards does it for them? </font>

I don't know. Why did already very wealthy Enron execs risk not just their careers, but criminal prosecution and their freedom over a few extra mil? Why do successful politicians risk indictments and their political careers every day for a few illegal skimmings, payoffs, etc.? I guess the short answer is, GREED.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:11 PM

OP,

Don't even bother. It's not worth the effort.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Isn\'t this the pot calling the kettle black?

I'll just respond with this... Make the stakes worth my while and I'll be more than happy to PROVE to YOU that I'm a winning player. One of us is reading the other wrong with regards to poker skill, and I'm willing to put up 20 or so k to prove it's not me. Actually I'm willing to put up considerably more, but I don't want to make it unreasonable for you to accept.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Real Macoy,

Your best course of action would be to keep him/her away from reading anything posted in the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
will take under advisement.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i remember a thread detailing an analysis of expected vs actual hand frequencies at party

[/ QUOTE ]

The link is in lorinda's FAQ post.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks mike.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tell him hes an idiot to believe that the largest and most profitable poker site in the world would risk everything just so they could rig the cards. Ask him what they would profit by doing this. Then explain to him the risks of them doing this(people finding out and losing your entire business). Then ask him if he thinks any reasonable company would take that risk/reward.

P.S. Why exactly does he believe that it is rigged? Send him on over here so we can berate him a bit

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just silly. What would a poker site have to gain by developing a means that would allow poorer players to last longer in the games? How about MILLIONS of extra dollars!

I fully agree there isn't sufficient evidence to conclude it's rigged. But arguments like yours for why they can't be are just dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

By how much % do you think Party could increase their revenue by rigging the cards? Now why should they risk their entire business for that? Unless they could multiply their profits by at very least ten times, its a stupid idea, and theres no way that they could do it by ten times by rigging.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. The Partypoker software has to actually know who are bad and who are good players. How are they going to quantify this? They would have to develop a perfect pokerbot that would follow every player at all times, and judge their play accordingly. To my knowledge, nobody has managed to make such a perfect bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

They could just make it so that when all in, the worst hand wins more often that it should.

I still agree with you that its silly. Most of the idiots that I see complaining about it being rigged complain that too many good hands are out preflop.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 PM

Guys... I don't know the answer every friggin question. I don't claim to be an online expert and I'm not even taking sides. I'm just saying it's ignorant and naive to say impropriety is definitely not happening, or that it's impossible, or the motivation wouldn't exist. Clearly ALL these things are possible.

I'm done with this thread.