Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Absolute\'s Response

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can promise you the people who matter will read anything you post in this thread, so post your concerns here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone from AP responded to the NUMEROUS threads on this forum regarding all the recent 'business decisions'? I believe you when you say that the people who really matter read these threads, but they are not doing anything about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They contacted me due to a post I made in this forum. I agree that it would be good if all of the sites came in here and discussed issues openly with us, but none of them do.

I think AP contacting me and then giving me permission to post their reply in this forum shows that they really do care what we think and they want to make us happy.

From the tone of the reply above, it is clear they are taking a very hard look at their policies and personally I hope that they see that the more they try and shave off of players and affiliates, the more business they are going to lose. The more they embrace their high volume customers, the more money they will make.

Regards,

RakeAid.com
Old 02-19-2007, 02:44 PM

My point with Absolute is that they keep retroactively changing their terms. There is no way it is ethical to change terms over and over. Players that signed up before the date T&C's were changed need to be offered the existing terms of their deal.

Why would anyone promote AP knowing that over and over and over again they retroactively change bonus terms and affiliate terms? What change is next that will affect players signed up under other terms?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:57 PM

For what it is worth, I was paying close to 5K in MGR at AP up until they changed their bonus terms in the middle of the night (and in the middle of me clearing my current bonus). That pissed me off and my MGR went down to about 2K as I moved most of my play to Full Tilt. After they changed the rake back calculation, my rake paid per hand went down close to 60% percent. That was the final straw for me. Now I'll only play an occasional SNG on AP and my MGR so far this month is about $200. I've moved all my play to Full Tilt and Stars for now. If they rethink and go back to the way it was (at least for the dealt method for rakeback) then I'll move some of my MGR back.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 PM

Since the people who matter are reading it, I'll post to let them know that I am currently looking for a good bonus/rakeback at a new site to play. I've never played at AP, and considered signing up through an affiliate. But given that they changed their rakeback, I'm not going there. I'll find a better deal.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:21 PM

I got the same canned response from AP, when I sent them a polite email about their chandge in bonus clearing and rakeback policies. I have played almost exclusively on AP over the last 3 yrs, averaging between 15000 - 20000 hands per month. During this period my MGR was between $6000 - $7000 per month. After playing about a weeek or so into Feb, and watching my rakeback numbers slip to about 40% of the pre Feb numbers, coupled with the impossible-to-clear bonuses,I finally decided that it was time to move on. I am now playing at a site which is still caculating MGR on the dealt method. Although I miss AP's software and the regular players I played with, the drastic reduction in my poker revenue was impossible to take. If in future AP decides to revert back to the old system (which I seriously doubt), I would definately return. Since I fortunately dont live in the US, I have some flexibility in choosing a poker site. Good luck to all my friends on AP.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:38 PM

I am having a hard time understanding the big drop in MGR. My MGR is actually lower than what I see on PT for rake paid on pots that I have won. Is there a chance that AP is making a mistake? It seems to me that no one was expecting the 40-60% drop that we are all experiencing.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM

I read somewhere that they are deducting all sorts of stuff e.g. tourney overlays, from the MGR of all players. Maybe that explains the higher than expected reduction.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:11 PM

The are not supposed to be deducting anything yet. On Feb 22 they said that they will be deducting depostit fees and tourney overlays from US players, but that shouldn't be in effect yet.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can promise you the people who matter will read anything you post in this thread, so post your concerns here.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the people who matter: As soon as I get my epassporte account working, I'm taking all my MGR away from you, clear enough?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:48 PM

As other posters have pointed out, I do not agree with AP's recent changes. It's a known fact that AP pulls more rake from the smaller limit pots, so I always thought the generous reload bonuses came from that. However, with the recent changes - I have found myself playing at AP much less and at other sites more. Yes, my options as an American aren't the greatest - but that doesn't mean I should take it in the rear because of some "industry standard."

I'm also thinking of taking all my money out of AP.