Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Absolute\'s Response

Posted with permission:

I voiced some of my concerns over the recent AP rules changes to the head of their affiliate department and this was his reply:

[ QUOTE ]
You are correct that we have made changes to AP's rake to the contributed method which is actually the industry standard. There are very few rooms U.S. and international that operate on the dealt method. However, there are 2 ways of calculating on the contributed method, Weighted and Average. AP has chosen to go with the weighted method. We are going to see how February turns out and then make a decision from there on whether to change the method to the Average method which is what most rakeback sites have requested.

One thing that I hope you look at is the incredible merchant processing that we have. I know for a fact that with only a few U.S. poker rooms left, the biggest problem the players are having is depositing their money. Your players will have a much easier time depositing and withdrawing their money on AP/UB then with another room in the U.S. This will have a major impact on your monthly numbers as your players lifetime value will be going up since they can play on our sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are listening. Tell them how you feel.

Regards,

RakeAid.com
Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Absolute\'s Response

I emailed their VIP CS and affiliates CS. I got a generic canned response...."we have the right to change our T&C at any time, blah blah blah."

I replied by saying I was insulted by the canned response and would appreciate someone actually reading my emails. They may listen to you, but they don't listen to the average player. Not that I'm trying to discourage anyone from emailing. Eventually they'll have to listen, right?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:00 PM

I can promise you the people who matter will read anything you post in this thread, so post your concerns here.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Oh, well, if it's an industry standard then I guess they have to do this <rolls eyes>. Does this mean then they'll be lowering their rake to the industry standard? I can think of some other industry standards they blow on - I guess those will be next?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:12 PM

As far as industry standard goes....FT and UB both have dealt. And aren't they two of the largest? Aside from PS of course...which offers even better to high volume players through supernova, correct?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:27 PM

FT uses dealt, UB uses dealt, BogDog uses dealt, and FT uses dealt. All offer comparable rakeback percentages(through affiliates) and all support the same list of deposit options (save Bogdog - but they will eat the cost of a wire transfer). Additionally, customer support certainly better at FT and BogDog. As far as I'm concerned, AP is overstating their case.

That said, I like AP and if they go back to dealt I will play there full time again.

Lucky
Old 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM

I would likely return to AP as well if they return to dealt. If not...well, I've already started playing on another network, and I will remain there.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:51 PM

I sent an email to AP expressing concern about their recent changes (bonuses, rakeback) and also received a generic response.

Their decision to move to contributed will cost them players. It's as simple as that. I've moved to FT and will not go back.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 PM

why dont they compromise on their bonus clearing. somewhere between what they had be4 and what they have now. there is no reason for a small player to play at absolute.

so i dont. and i am able to play 8 at a time at ultimate.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can promise you the people who matter will read anything you post in this thread, so post your concerns here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone from AP responded to the NUMEROUS threads on this forum regarding all the recent 'business decisions'? I believe you when you say that the people who really matter read these threads, but they are not doing anything about them.