Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: I have been told I am too tight preflop (my pf standards)

Ditto.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ditto.

[/ QUOTE ]
You replying to my statement or something else within this thread?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This does not mean I go exactly by this chart by any means. Also keep in mind that after some limpers that my standards widen greatly. This is only facing a raise and with no one entering the pot. This also does not include the BB and SB stats. I raise a ton from the button or cutoff but will not limp in with Q8s like the SSHE tight table chart says to. I will raise with it if I enter the pot with it.

My post may be a bit confusing especially with my LP post. I normally raise or fold in late position. This was what I was using when I played at UB (that is the only time I calculated stats). My total flops seen percentage at Bodog was about 23%, at Full Tilt and Pokerstars it is about 18%.

So my VPIP at those sites is significantly higher but I have not calculated. I played one table on Full Tilt recently where over 200 hands I raised preflop 41 times. So that is a 20% VPIP right there and that does not count hands I limped with either.

Aaron also your analysis of my late position stats are a little off. Because my VPIP should be identical to my PFR percentage. Also I raise any of those hands listed suited or not so that changes things. I also raise any ace suited or not from the cutoff or button. So I may have made this post tough to analyze so sorry for that.

So you guys think I should be open raising with AJo, KQo, and KJs in early position? Also you guys think I should raise with 88 or 77 in EP? Also I should raise with QTs in middle position or 9Ts as well in middle position. Again is this me being too tight or is the above poster a little more LAG than most? Thanks again for your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people raise the 88,77, etc. hands that you mentioned in EP. A lot of these hands it ends up being personal preference. 88 and 77 in particular I think are not "always" a raise and aren't "always" a limp.

While I am on that subject... I don't think you should "always" either raise or fold in LP. This makes sense if you are first in, but if there are 3 limpers in and you hold Axs then you shouldn't raise or fold. Just wanted to make sure this isn't what you are talking about.

The same comments apply to your hands like QTs in MP these hands become raises when the conditions are right but if anybody says "yes, always raise these" then they would be wrong.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

EP:
Raise:99+, AK, AQ, AJs, KQs,
Call:88,77, AJ, ATs, KQ, KJs

MP:
Raise:77+, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ,
Call:66, A7s+, KTs, QJs, JTs, QTs, 9Ts

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise all the ones you say you call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?? u raise 88, 77, and KQo from EP? U raise 66 from MP?
I play pretty much the same as OP, except i limp in with 99 from EP, so i guess i play too tight too? These are the recommendations made by SSH, which i am using to help me learn the game, and now i find out that they are wrong?

edit: in fact , a lot of the time i will fold 66 from MP if there are no limpers in front of me
Old 02-19-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

EP:

MP:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?? u raise 88, 77, and KQo from EP? U raise 66 from MP?
I play pretty much the same as OP, except i limp in with 99 from EP, so i guess i play too tight too? These are the recommendations made by SSH, which i am using to help me learn the game, and now i find out that they are wrong?

edit: in fact , a lot of the time i will fold 66 from MP if there are no limpers in front of me

[/ QUOTE ]

They are almost all situational raises. Sometimes they are a limp, sometimes they are a raise. It depends on what players are too your left/in the blinds. The KQ limp is just a matter of your personal preference.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 PM

One size doesn't fit all when playing poker, there are other things to consider like pot size, type of players, their ranges. You have to adapt the hands you play to the people you are playing agaisn't and their ranges and also their postflop skills.

I am pretty much a n00b but my opinion (for what it's worth) is, your starting hands depend on your confidence in playing the weaker hands after the flop. There is no point increasing your number of starting hands if you then get bullied out later to one raise because you are conscious your hand isn't that strong. So like some of the other replies have stated a lot of it is personal preference.

If you think you are playing to tight, why don't you loosen up a bit and see how it goes and then post back your results here in one or two weeks time? You can do that or do a session review to see how you game is working and what happens when you do enter the pot when you step out of your stand hand criteria.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

EP:

MP:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]