Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Re: I have been told I am too tight preflop (my pf standards)

[ QUOTE ]
I admit that polishing my preflop play to include a few extra hands is something I should also work on, but...

[ QUOTE ]
Because my VPIP should be identical to my PFR percentage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to confuse you as well. He posted that my LP PFR with no raise as the same as my MP. If I enter a pot in LP then I enter for a raise, in MP So if I always enter for a raise then my VPIP is equal to my PFR. Basically the stats he posted were the same for my MP and LP.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Winkydink -

Why do you bother posting threads like this? You ask for advice/help then you get guys like Sr8, Aaron and eskimo giving you advice only for you to immediately go on the defensive

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously winky.

it's not just 'crazy marty who wears shoes on his ears' whose pointed this out to you now.

why bother asking a question if you're totally defensive about the answer?

posts and replies like this are the internet equivalent of plugging your ears and going 'lalalalalala.'

these guys are doing you a *huge* favour by imparting their poker expertise for free. so be gracious and either accept their criticism and learn from it, or privately disagree. it's common courtesy!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 AM

I think the VPIP tracks more than just pre-flop, so you should not be expecting those numbers to be identical under any circumstances besides your PT databse is blank and both 0.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Winkydink -

Why do you bother posting threads like this? You ask for advice/help then you get guys like Sr8, Aaron and eskimo giving you advice only for you to immediately go on the defensive

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I defend myself? It was posted on here that my VPIP and PFR percentage were lower than they actually were because my post was a bit confusing and incomplete. Saying that I have 13% VPIP based only on raise and no raise, not counting limpers and blinds is incorrect. I was not looking for stats I was looking for peoples critiques of my general preflop standards. If there was something that some players said is worth improving then I will attempt to implement that in my game. Not defending myself just trying to help the posters willing to take their time to help not waste any of it.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the VPIP tracks more than just pre-flop, so you should not be expecting those numbers to be identical under any circumstances besides your PT databse is blank and both 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I understand that. Of course I have limped in in LP before. What I was referring to is just by using the information given to make his calculation that the VPIP and PFR percentage should be equal in LP with no raise. Does that clear it up for you any?
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not defending myself just trying to help the posters willing to take their time to help not waste any of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be more helpful to not post incomplete stats then?

[ QUOTE ]
my post was a bit confusing and incomplete

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-19-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be more helpful to not post incomplete stats then?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right but I was just looking for critiques on my hand selection, not my VPIP. I just think posting that I raise on the button with J8os is pointless. People just jumped to conclusions that I am too tight because they calculated my VPIP based on just facing a raise and not facing a raise. If players here think I should be more willing to open limp on LP or if I am raising too much or too little in certain positions based on the hands listed that is what I am looking for. Not stats because it is impossible to calculate my total VPIP based on just on those two criteria.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:19 AM

i would limp more PPs even from EP, at least if you're playing low stakes with loads of passive, loose players. the one time in 9 that you hit on the flop, you'll definitely make your money back and then some.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:23 AM

Winkydink, got pokertracker or pokeroffice yet? As a multitabler playing at the limits you are playing and not spending $55 on PT and $25 for PAHUD for a multitabler is basically going to cost you money. If I were you I would immediately download them, pay, get your rego codes via email and profit. I have only used PT but the amount I have learnt about my game with that tool has proved invaluable.

As far as your question, my ranges vary because I make my plays based on what I think is the best for me at a particular table at a particular time based on things such as reads and what stats my PAHUD shows. Also ranges vary from position to position so I dont think in terms of "I have A7o in late position"...i think "I have A7o in the CO, the button is a nit, SB is a lag and BB is loose passive so what to do?"

now, I do assume that you do vary your play and that these are default plays. What i really suspect is that youve been grinding out alot of hands and doing alot of analysis by yourself but this can make for lonely times and you are bound to not see things that others can...you know where im going with this but im not going to say those magic words. good job on getting involved and grunching hands though.

btw pokertracker will let you do all sorts of various things such as looking at hands and positions

ozi
Old 02-19-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Winkydink, got pokertracker or pokeroffice yet? As a multitabler playing at the limits you are playing and not spending $55 on PT and $25 for PAHUD for a multitabler is basically going to cost you money. If I were you I would immediately download them, pay, get your rego codes via email and profit. I have only used PT but the amount I have learnt about my game with that tool has proved invaluable.

As far as your question, my ranges vary because I make my plays based on what I think is the best for me at a particular table at a particular time based on things such as reads and what stats my PAHUD shows. Also ranges vary from position to position so I dont think in terms of "I have A7o in late position"...i think "I have A7o in the CO, the button is a nit, SB is a lag and BB is loose passive so what to do?"

now, I do assume that you do vary your play and that these are default plays. What i really suspect is that youve been grinding out alot of hands and doing alot of analysis by yourself but this can make for lonely times and you are bound to not see things that others can...you know where im going with this but im not going to say those magic words. good job on getting involved and grunching hands though.

btw pokertracker will let you do all sorts of various things such as looking at hands and positions

ozi

[/ QUOTE ]

No I have not yet gotten Pokertracker. I was going to wait to use PSO but have decided to just buy it over the internet. So I am getting a debit card in the mail this week and will purchase Pokertracker and the PAHUD ASAP.

I have reduced my play significantly since you all suggested that I play with it I have played about 5K hands in the last 2 weeks. Which is much less than the 15K I was running every two weeks for a while. That and I have been playing more on Full Tilt and Pokerstars as opposed to UB. And have been having some good and bad sessions. But overall the improvement from my play are starting to show in my profits on those sites. In fact I have made a pact to myself starting yesterday that I will not play more than 3 tables at a time until I get PT + PAHUD. This is all due to the advise you guys have given me (that some of you assume I ignore)