Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: JJ OOP

I think u should bet the turn here. If he is on a FD u want to make drawing expensive. Make him pay for it. I wouldn't mind taking the pot with 2x barrel here since any heart, any K, Q or T make the river play even harder.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think u should bet the turn here. If he is on a FD u want to make drawing expensive. Make him pay for it. I wouldn't mind taking the pot with 2x barrel here since any heart, any K, Q or T make the river play even harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh ... to me a heart, K, Q or T would make the river super easy to play (check fold)
Old 02-19-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if this encourages worse hands to take a stab at me I don't see why this is a bad thing. ESpecially of those worse hands would fold when I 2x barrel on that ace.

since when is disguising our hand a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this argument is way overused because people justify slowplaying or calling down with marginal hands with it. You have a hand that can take absolutely no heat and that doesn't want to give a free card to a flush draw. You don't really look to find ways to fool villain into giving you value here by checking but you are maneuvering yourself into a nasty spot. You should be delighted to take the pot down here. There are so many river cards you don't want to see and that turn card was disastrous in itself. So bet/fold the turn, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, yeah I agree that the presence of a FD makes a more compelling argument for a bet on the turn ... do you disagree with the turn c/c ifthe board wasn't double-suited? Also, if oyu bet the turn, are you c/fin the river? Seems to give busted FDs a ton of FE on you.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:46 AM

I probably would bet the turn, but this is partly because right now I'm used to Stars NL25 players, who are generally calling another pot-sized bet with any flush draw. (And they're also generally unlikely to bet my hand for me if they've got Tx or 88, unless they decide to make some tiny bet, which I suppose is something.)

If I did check, I would probably fold to this bet since it's pot-sized. AT and the nut flush draw are both concerns. But I would call a smaller bet.

I'd imagine Full Tilt NL50 plays differently than Stars NL25, so what I've said may be of little help.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:42 AM

So you're saying you checked the turn in order that the opponent could rep an Ace and bluff at the turn? I really don't see this is a good spot to be doing that - with the board flush draw happy like it is. Wouldn't you rather just take it down now?

He might have called the flop because he has a flush draw or a pair and he doesn't think it connected with you. In the latter case the A might be just as scary for him as it is for you. Seems to be a medium bet could take the hand or at least get you out of it for not too much money. Whereas check/calling is likely to cost you 2 rounds of betting and allow him to make a draw.