Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: PM me if interested in joining potential class action suit v. Nete

[ QUOTE ]

<snip pre-rant>
I've never worked with (or spoken to) anyone authorized to appear in courts of law or offer profesional advice on UK law that would take your approach to capitalization, that would offer such sweeping declarations on a litigant's rights, that would offer clear viewpoints on liability of an actor such as Netller in the circumstances you describe, that would seemingly make distinctions between "England" and "Great Britain" in the way you did (though the distinctions are NOT small or irrelevant to the discussion), that would profess a view that trading on an aexchange subjected the stock-issuer to local / national commercial laws of the exchange's locale, or that would assert that listing on an exchange like LSE (let alone applying to list) would subject a stock-issuer to the local commercial laws of the exchange.

I'm all for a free-wheeling discussion -- I'm adamantly opposed to someone pretneding to be someone or something that they're not and attempting to use the perceived authority of that pretend something to influence the discussion. Don't be a douche.

That's insulting by me, I acknowledge.

<snip end rant>

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know whether to love the fake Attorney for his optimism, or hate the real attorney for his obstinance and obtuseness. however, i now know why you douchebags bill me for inordinate hours. your entire reply to the Attorney could have been done in 3 sentences.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:17 AM

Soooo... how would one opt out of a class action suit? Would that require one hiring a lawyer of their own?

This thread has me a lot more worried than I was before. I think if we just wait another month or two that they will pay us. They still have a lot of business throughout the world and are not looking to destroy their reputation completely by robbing everyone in the USA.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Soooo... how would one opt out of a class action suit? Would that require one hiring a lawyer of their own?

This thread has me a lot more worried than I was before. I think if we just wait another month or two that they will pay us. They still have a lot of business throughout the world and are not looking to destroy their reputation completely by robbing everyone in the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

The class action suit would not concern you recouping your deposited money. There was a class action suit against Pay Pal (not entirely sure on details) which had to do with them holding money too long without the customer given access. We all got 50 bucks. A class action here would be along the same lines (I believe). The affected parties would be entitled to damages based on them not being able to access their funds.

Your action would be separate. It would be a multi-plaintiff lawsuit which would likely be consolidated. You would have your own representation and your own claim. The group may recover one "lump" sum, but it would be distributed pro rata based on your own damages.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know whether to love the fake Attorney for his optimism, or hate the real attorney for his obstinance and obtuseness. however, i now know why you douchebags bill me for inordinate hours. your entire reply to the Attorney could have been done in 3 sentences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up, Francis. Guy was trolling and I gave in to the guilty pleasure of responding -- 3 sentences is simply not enough on a tipsy Friday night when taking troll bait and running with it.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:06 PM

"It should be a class action lawsuit against the department of justice.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Generally speaking, U.S. courts have jurisdiction over parties doing substantial business in the U.S. It is beyond cavil that Neteller did substantial business in the US (see its 2006 3rd Q earnings statement). US federal court jurisdiction is not a major concern right now.

I'm obviously not going to respond to all of the flaming replies on this thread, most of which, understandibly, reflect a lack of understanding of the legal process, and many of which are absurd.

This is not to suggest that the case is a slam dunk, without problems, or even that we will file, but we are evaluating right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

beyond jurisdictional issues, I think everyone is better off seeing how this shakes out for a while. If you file a class action we are all going to end up getting a check for 25 cents while your friend at the prestigious NY law firm makes partner after they take their cut.

Now I havent read all of the absurdly long posts on people's neteller theories on here, but I think they entity to sue is not neteller anyway. They would return the money if they could, but it sounds like the funds are frozen and/or there is no way to process the payments. Even if they had a court order that the money be returned, it doesnt sound like they could comply right now.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:06 PM

The critical question is the one that Rigel brought up on page 2 -

[ QUOTE ]
how will you satisfy the judgement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless or until somebody can answer that question, the rest of this thread is pointless.

The other question that needs to be answered is whether Neteller has the legal or practical ability to pay us.

I suspect they could send us paper checks (drawn on European banks) if they wanted to, but I don't know that for a fact. I also suspect somebody's going to have to file a suit in IOM or the UK for this thing to go anywhere.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why, in the course of your post, do you apparently make distinctions between "England" and "Great Britain"

[/ QUOTE ]

"England" and "Great Britain" are 2 different things.

England is a country.

"Great Britain" is the term that refers to the large island that contains the countries England, Scotland and Wales. (and about 100 more smaller Islands near to it).

The "United Kingdom" also includes Northern Ireland.

The Isle of Man(Where Neteller is headquartered) is a completely separate country and is not part of England, not part of Great Britain and not part of the United Kingdom.

NEteller is listed on the UK stock exchange, but its shares have been suspended for over a month due to its CEOs being under arrest in the USA.

So I am not really sure how the fact that they are listed on the London exchange will help this case if their shares are already suspended.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:35 PM

sign me up