Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 01:40 AM

Default PM me if interested in joining potential class action suit v. Neteller

I am in talks with a prominent NYC law firm that specializes in plaintiff class action suits (I practice with a much smaller firm). Although we are still in the evaluation process, we may soon need plaintiffs in order to file suit. Please PM me if interested, particularly if you have a large sum of money stuck in Neteller.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: PM me if interested in joining potential class action suit v. Neteller

What are you sueing them for? Did they run off with the money already?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: PM me if interested in joining potential class action suit v. Nete

Nice that you have a NY law firm. I hope they are recognized in the Isle of Man. And if the US government did indeed seize Neteller funds, or if they are in trust but banks won't do business with them, are you going to sue the US government too? What exactly are you suing them for, and where?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you sueing them for? Did they run off with the money already?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding, right? I would proffer that the moment a party entrusted with another's money refuses to return such money to its rightful owner -- after demand for the return of the money has been made, the custodian of the money has "run off with the money." Moreover, some might argue that here, Neteller's admission that its retention of US customers' money remains indefinite, further emboldens this point.

It is not appropriate for me to discuss specific substantive legal issues in any great detail, however, on this public forum. PM me if you have been affected and wish to discuss.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:56 AM

You used so many big words there let me read slowly oh ok got it. Question if the US gov is stopping them from returning it then what should they do send carrier pigeons..
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 AM

Well to strengthen the case, they should answer the phone, turn the live chat on, unlock the accounts, allow the peer-to-peer transfers, or at least let you know when the carrier pigeons are coming.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 AM

Where exactly are you planning on filing suit? In the US? Why would US courts have any jurisdiction over a foreign based company?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:01 AM

Lol, you have no case.

NY Law Firm: Hello, prominant law firm
You: I want to bring a class action suit against an off shore company which was used to launder money for me to an illegal offshore gambling company as defined by the US Dept of Justice
NY Law Firm: You are kidding right?
You: No, you see this company has had its assets effectively frozen by our government, the banks in the US arent accepting their cheques, EFTs cant be processed because the DoJ forced them to stop doing business with said illegal money laundering company so our money is held safely in some form somewhere and is regulated by the FSA in the UK
NY Law Firm: Is this Jerry? I told you to stop prank calling me dude, its not funny.
You: No, seriously, I promise to have lots of people and pay all the fees
NY Law Firm: You cant be serious, this is the worst idea ever. Did you even graduate from high school?
You: We payo mucho dollaro
NY Law Firm: Meh, whatever dude, its your cash. Just realise its our legal advice that you have no reasonable chance of winning
You: Yes, we win goot
Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller's admission that its retention of US customers' money remains indefinite, further emboldens this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well to strengthen the case, they should answer the phone, turn the live chat on, unlock the accounts, allow the peer-to-peer transfers, or at least let you know when the carrier pigeons are coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally and they should also give us that secret list of non-gambling merchants. I was just making sarcastic post after seeing his prominent law firm remark etc.. I mean nothing can be done till something has been done.