Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Getting counterfeited alot lately online???? Me too.

You have no stats to back this assumption up? How many hands have you played during this run?
Old 02-17-2007, 12:14 PM

Yeah show some stats
Old 02-17-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This should go in Brag/Beats/Variance, or wherever else they dieal with allegations of online rigging.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2007, 01:55 PM

OP, there is an easy way to get rich off of your observation...simply fold all of your made hands but push your draws! Because you have noticed the software is rigged for counterfeits, you will win a ton with this strategy! Good luck and don't forget about me completely when you hit the big time!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, there is an easy way to get rich off of your observation...simply fold all of your made hands but push your draws! Because you have noticed the software is rigged for counterfeits, you will win a ton with this strategy! Good luck and don't forget about me completely when you hit the big time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously... once I figured out that all the online poker rooms really do 'reward bad play', I just started playing badly. Seems like an obvious adjustment, right?

Inside straight draws - jeez, I think I'm hitting like 75% of these things now, mostly on the river too. I also think backdoor flush and straight draws are highly underrated.

The thing I try to remember when I miss the flop, is that I still have 1/3rd of a set in my hand twice over. A lot can happen in a game dominated by luck. If the river an turn each bring a 3 (or, each bring a 7 maybe), then this guy sitting across from me is SO getting stacked. Then I get implied tilt od- sorry, I mean he'll be ready to gamble 'the right way'.

I'll jam the pot when broadway is on the board to help the house out a little with some extra rake, and you know it all seems to work out.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 PM

Bad players tend to complain that the "sites are out to get them" or "the hands are rigged". Instead of complaining work towards plugging your leaks. The reason why I don't draw out much, is because Im rarely drawing with the worst hand. You really have to analyze the scenario, not just accuse the site. Work to improve your game.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:33 PM

when that guy last night hit his 2 outer on the turn i remember every detail. I had J of clubs, 4 of diamonds with the 4 paired, he had 33 with no draws, my chips were 2750 all in, his were 9700 etc etc etc.

but i can just barely recall when i hit my 3 outer to destack a guy earlier in the night. I know i had a missed Ace, i think it was a heart... dont remember what my kicker was, dont remember the board, cant recall what the guy had who pushed when i called, only that he had a pair and my only outs were the three aces.

wierd how the mind works
Old 02-17-2007, 03:36 PM

It's called availabiliity heuristic. You remember the times you get sucked out on more than the times that your hand holds up. It's human nature, we all do it.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:44 PM

god i love posts like this. A+ sleuthing op
Old 02-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Poker sites risk millions of annual income just to ruin YOUR 12 dollar pot now suck it