Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Getting counterfeited alot lately online???? Me too.

I wasn't sure where to post this topic so I chose here. Let me know if you think it should be moved.

Anyway, like a lot of players out there, I have been an online poker player for 4-5 years and turning a modest profit over the years. I even had a monster month (for me) of 22k at one point. My primary site of choice had always been Party Poker. Well, when the UIGEA destroyed this game that we all love so much, I was forced to play on another site, in this case I chose Bodog. I loved how their software worked, even though it tends to freeze up and have graphics problems occasionally. But anyway, let me get to the point. As I said, I made a good second income playing on Party Poker all those years and while I don't consider myself a pro, I do consider myself good enough to understand the game at a high level and be successfull over a long period of time. Anyway, on Bodog my hands never, and I truley mean never, hold up. I get counterfeited and sucked out against at least over 75% of the time. And when you commit a large portion of your stack to a hand, knowing that you are currently holding the nuts and your apponent is drawing, to lose at that rate is devistating. I have a close knit group of buddies that also play online poker and have noticed that they too were experiencing the same thing.....inferior hands consitantly beating dominating hands. Now like I said, I have played for lots of years and I don't typically wine about bad beats, but even I am starting to feel like there is some sore of shiftiness going on. I developed this theory that online poker sites have known for a while there demise was coming. So to maximize there rake, these sites that have been hanging around are setting the cards so that the inferior hands that the fish we all love play, hold up and aggrivate us more sound players knowing that we will just load more into the system. Our level minded experience tells us that this sort of thing is a fluke and cannot continue, but for many of us it has and still does. And of course the rake continues. I know it sounds like a stretch, but has anyone else noticed this sort of thing? I personally, have stopped playing online and gotten back to only playing live games.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Getting counterfeited alot lately online???? Me too.

[ QUOTE ]
never, and I truley mean never, hold up

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I get counterfeited and sucked out against at least over 75% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM

75% that sounds about right to me from what ive been seeing online im just so disgusted i mean do the beats just ever stop its getting so bad a little voice been popping up inside my head calling for the 2-5 outta and the runner runner i woulda swore something was fishy bet anyone anything if someone had the answer locked away in a little envalope or something until i started going back live only a couple months back now im starting to think i just run bad but anyway my recent live run still makes a normal day online feel like a walk in the park.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:54 PM

seriuosly though were playing holdem not ohamaha or split and there only 1 deck its not blackjack either i got the best hand your either drawing or got a second best made hand looking for a mirical theres only 1 card comming
Old 02-12-2007, 02:56 PM

This should go in Brag/Beats/Variance, or wherever else they dieal with allegations of online rigging.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:35 PM

I feel like I suddenly started running badly around the time that the bill passed on the banning of credit cards. This could be a coincidence but who knows. I think we tend to remember our bad beats alot more then we remember the best hand holding up. That could make it feel like your always getting bad beats.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:17 PM

I used to be in the same boat and I would blame the "rigged software" but after one horrendous beat after the other one day I pulled up the hand histories for about 10 hands and what I found out was that my play on the earlier streets was GREATLY contributing to these so called bad beats. I was setting myself up for it time and time again. So my suggestion to you is to maybe reevaluate your game before you throw in the towel. I did that and slowly but the bad beats almost all but disappeared.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:30 PM

nickerbocker what do you mean? how can you contribute bad beats? do you mean that you were giving them the correct odds to call their drawing hands?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:50 PM

I started running really good after the ban then back down, then up etc. Nothing new to me.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:28 PM

Yeah pretty much. For example I'd flop top two pair or something decent but clearly not the nuts and id say to myself "well theres 6 dollars in the pot so im not going to bet at it and only win 6 bucks" And then what would happen is he'd hit his trips or straight or whatever and i'd still think i had the best hand and pay him off...everytime. Or i'd limp in with Aces trying to trap someone and no one would raise and I'd lose to a 23 two pair from the small blind while shipping my whole stack over to the guy.