Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: I have Kings, but I don\'t like the bet and call in front of me

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is freakin huge and you've got the best hand most of the time -- just stick it in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is freakin huge and you've got the best hand most of the time -- just stick it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly, it's not like if you call they're gonna think you have ak. at least you might get the fish to make a hero call with jj or something if you push. baluga can easily have 99 here but i think he needs to fold 33 and 44 pf, and maybe 99 too depending on how often u are squeezing. come to think of it you don't really beat too much of his range(baluga's) but it's such a situation where if you're beat there's really nothing u can do because baluga might peel the flop lightly since u checked and the donk can be betting a wide range and ur hand is under-repped etc. etc. if stacks were deeper it'd be a lot more interesting.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:54 PM

go all in.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Just shove back, you have Baluga beat, unless he has 99 (and he'd probably raise this flop too).I wouldn't worry too much about the other player.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come to think of it you don't really beat too much of his range(baluga's)

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? What do you see in his range, based on the preflop action, that makes you think the OP is beat unless he has 99. I cannot see AA playing this way, and cannot see him having 44 or 33. I think his range definitely includes TT-QQ and possibly AsKs (although the action is a bit odd for this as well).
Old 02-14-2007, 10:28 PM

I'd bet like $420 on flop.. I hate to check here... giving 2 other people a chance in a semi-big pot like this to draw out on u is asking for trouble. As played, definetely check raise all in.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:31 PM

OP ended up flatcalling which is by far the worst option

i had a pretty weak hand and my plan was basically to improve and stack OP at the very least or put no more money in once he overcalled on the flop
Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 AM

The more I think about this spot, the more I like the flop cr-push. I think it is far more likely that if you check, one of these guys will try to pick up this big pot. Whereas if you bet, there is a much smaller chance that you will get raised. I think its important to get as much in on this flop as possible, and a cr-ai accomplishes that much more often than a bet/3bet line. The CR line also has the best chance of getting TT, JJ, and QQ to commit. And sometimes the cr-push will be interpreted as the AK flush draw, which is a nice bonus when it happens.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 PM

Thank you for all the responses. As I said, in my OP, I was planning on check-raising Trish (although it seems a lead is better). I guess I was just extremely bewildered. For one I was pretty stunned that I was called by two people for $160 (though I guess Baluga could call w/ anything w/ the huge pot and juicy odds). But then, on the flop when Trish bet out $250, and Baluga quickly called (seemingly having no fear of what I, as the preflop 3-better, would do after his call), I froze like a deer in headlights. I just couldnt see Baluga putting in 160 preflop, and smooth-calling 250 on teh flop w/o a monster (i.e.-flopped a set), since he still didn't know what I would do (unless of course he just viewed me as squeezing preflop too often w/ rags, and just had no fear of me whatsoever). But flat-calling with, say 77, w/o knowing what the preflop raiser is going to do is pretty dicey, no?

As for the rest of the hand, I over-called. 5 of diamonds came on teh turn. Check-check-check. River was an ugly Ace (of clubs I beleive). I checked, Trishi insta-pushed. Baluga and I folded.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:33 PM

Ew.