Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 PM

Default I have Kings, but I don\'t like the bet and call in front of me

UTG is Trischi1512. Don't have much of a read on Trischi. But s/he runs at about 31/17, and in my limited experience she seems pretty fishy. Button is BalugaWhale. I've personally never tangled with him much, but he seems very solid. Obviously, I was less than thrilled with his call - as I was planning on c/ring Fishy1512. Also, what do you put Baluga on - calling $160 preflop - after initially just calling (not raising) the raise to $35. Im pretty sure Trish could call with any two.

Full Tilt Poker
$5/$10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $1406
CO: $385
BTN: $1040
SB: $4535
Hero (BB): $2323.8

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($15, 5 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $35</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $35, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $160</font>, UTG calls $125, BTN calls $125

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($485, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $250</font>, BTN calls $250, Hero ??? Do you like a lead better?

If I call, whats my action on "safe" non-spade, say a red 5?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: I have Kings, but I don\'t like the bet and call in front of me

Is Trischi more of an aggro player or a calling station? If you're not too sure I much prefer a lead.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 PM

I just checked my database. I only have 500 hands on her. Her total aggression factor is 2.00. But like I said, at the time I didn't have a great read on her - just sensed that she was pretty bad based on plays she was making at the table.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Just lead then and assume she calls a whole bunch of hands you beat. Can't comment on Baluga's range since I don't play these stakes. I wouldn't be overly worried about him having you beat, but I highly doubt hes stacking off with less.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:05 PM

I like a lead here. The only hand you're really worried about right now is 99. AA probably would have reraised you preflop, and 33, and 44 are unlikely to have called your stiff preflop raise.

As you did not lead out, I would say raise it up, I say make it $1000 (about pot size). Then they each have to call $750 to continue, and you're only giving them 2.6-1 to continue. Note that if one calls, the other is likely to as well with the improved pot odds; that is if they have any kind of drawing hand.

Like I said earlier, you're only really worried about 99, AA is less likely based on preflop play, and you could still be making mad bank off of QQ, JJ, and TT. Anyway, I say bump it up and see what happens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2007, 01:36 PM

c/r all in safe turn - or bet/shove flop.. but thats just me
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM

i don't see anything that baluga can have there that beats you except 99, cause i think he chucks 33/44 with those stacks. he might have some stuff like AsJs though. i dunno, it's hard to put him on a hand.

i like a call and a check on any turn. if it goes bet-call to you again, probably fold. if it goes bet-fold, get ai. if it goes check-bet then i guess get ai and hope baluga does not have 99.

edit: yeah, i agree lead flop. utg will prob stack off with TT-QQ.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:03 PM

I liked your plan to checkraise the flop, now I think you should do it, make it $1,000. If the button had AA, I just don't see him smoothcalling both preflop and the flop in a 3 way pot. 99 maybe, but you just have no way to put him squarely on that, he may have only called the flop because you checked and he feels he may be ahead of UTG. He could definitely play TT-QQ this way. I've been shocked lately by how many people don't 3bet with QQ, so I'm putting that in his range. I hate the idea of calling and playing a safe turn, there are lots of scare cards that put you in a very difficult spot and/or kill your action. If he has 99 good for him. I'm felting here.

BTW, nothing wrong with bet-3betting here, but I think you'll frequently get a bet when you check, whereas if they just call the flop and a scare card hits, you have a hard decision oop in a big pot. Both lines have merit.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:12 PM

I dont like the flop check here unless you plan on c/r a good amount into the other 2 players.

I agree with Soul Rebel, there are so many scare cards that kill your action or your hand. I think that UTG will mostlikely stack off to you with TT-QQ, and once you c/r the flop Baluga will get out of the way with everything but 999 or AA(dont think he would smooth call twice with AA here though)
I get felted by 99 and say gg and reload
Old 02-14-2007, 02:19 PM

After you overcall this, your hand is face up as AA-KK, spades. So it's up to you whether you want to overcall and then c/f the turn (because 90% of the time, the button is shutting down without the nuts) giving 80 billion free card outs to 2 people, or just CR AI now.

I think you're ahead enough to do that and you don't have enough behind to play anything other than a Kh turn effectively, so shove it.