Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: Weekly HORSE tournament at Sam’s Town – LV

Perhaps you fellows have heard of something called internet poker. I would be more than happy to start a BBV thread to goad you two into this potential grudge match. Don't make me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 PM

you were in Vegas and did give me a shout? WTF?

And please tell the no-chop story....

wait..you live here now? Cool...you'll have to come by next time I have a cocktail party or something...
Old 02-12-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you fellows have heard of something called internet poker. I would be more than happy to start a BBV thread to goad you two into this potential grudge match. Don't make me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grudge match? I just think a horse Tourney with an acceptable structure is a good idea. If I were there, I'd play, and I wouldn't be entering pots with no way to win in Razz.

BTW, I don't play internet poker.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you were in Vegas and did give me a shout? WTF?

And please tell the no-chop story....

wait..you live here now? Cool...you'll have to come by next time I have a cocktail party or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

My opponent was an old school local nit, who was the only other person at my first table who raised besides me - but he always did so with the worst of it to steal the pot - easy money! Anyway we get to the final table, by then i realized I could make the guy steam very easily. He is driven by ego, it clouds his judgment. Playing heads up while he thinks rationally would be a grind, however playing HU while he is chip spewing is my goal. So when we get to heads up he offers to chop the pot at the 2nd place level, then let percentages determine who gets the remaining chips - he also commented that "since we have equal stacks" - which I knew was wrong, I had at least 6k more than him. So I said OK, you have a deal and counted out my chips. Once he realized I had more than him he suddenly changed his tune, and tried to renegotiate the terms. At that point I knew i had him right where I wanted... I said the deals off, your not an honorable player. We are going to play to the end and I'm going to take all of your chips. Now this really set him off, his face turned red with anger - no way is he going to let some young punk (I'm probably 25 years younger than him, at his age we are all young punks) push him around!

Then it gets slightly better - the floor made the mistake of reversing the blind positions. The villain complained right away but realizing i was at a significant advantage with the reversed position (I have played a tons HU in both formats online) I didn't say a word and raised his big blind making it too late to go back. He played out the hand and insisted he button be corrected, but the floor refused since action had already taken place (yeah me!) - steam is now coming out of his ears. So I decide to take it a step further, I tell him he is wrong (aka I lied). He went from steaming to boiling mad as he offered a wager of $10, so I of course up the stakes to $100 knowing there was no way in hell he would accept it (and if he did the overly from his crazy monkey tilt would be worth it). Sometimes a little white lie pays off in spades, this is one of those times (not the most ethical thing, but in a HU match its psychological warfare and fair game).

At that point most of the times I raised he three bet - and I don't just mean pre-flop.... he spewed all over the place. It took me two or so hands to adjust to his hyper-agro style and then I let him hang himself in his own noose. He had to muster up all of his pride just to shake my hand at the end of the match.

I didn't post this part of the story because its more BBV than report, but why not - its all in good fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM

Default *TT* -- the beginning of the end

TT,

I didn't think it would happen to you, but its an old story.

Young smart guy moves to LV -- plays big for a while and then ends up playing day shift at Sams. Buys in for half a rack of whites at 4-8 Omaha high with the other old nits.

Very Sad

haha -- j/k
Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: *TT* -- the beginning of the end

[ QUOTE ]
plays big for a while

[/ QUOTE ]

That part was true

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2007, 11:03 PM

Not much of a tourney player, but TT, do you think this is truly profitable and worth your time with the 20% vig?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much of a tourney player, but TT, do you think this is truly profitable and worth your time with the 20% vig?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not much of a tourny player either so I am not the best person to ask. I would assume the vig is too high. But its only 20 bucks so I dont care.

TT
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 AM

How much did you WIN???????????

<3
Old 02-13-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I decide to take it a step further, I tell him he is wrong (aka I lied).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am shocked, shocked I say, to hear that a poker player would not be 100% truthful at the table.