Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Which celebrity deaths genuinely made you sad?

Richard Pryor's death made me sad.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jerry Garcia

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-09-2007, 10:51 PM

A lot of celeb deaths kind of put a damper on my day/hour, but none have really made me sad. Owen Hart/Eddie Guerrero RAW tributes got to me. Johnny Cash was a downer. Payton was a big one too, especially since he made the right decision to pass being moved up the organ transplant wait list. Clemente's death probably would have shook me up.

I wasn't old enough for John Lennon's death, but seeing things about it puts me in a damper mood. I imagine if there was one celebrity death that made me cry, it would be this one.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:58 PM

Stanley Kubrick
Hunter S Thompson
Robert Anton Wilson
Old 02-09-2007, 11:16 PM

I admit I am sports biased and these all jumped right in my head.

Payne Stewart: the thought of his family watching the doomed plane flying on tv is horrible.

Walter Payton: when he wore sunglasses toward the end because his eyes were so yellow from the jaundice, that made me sad. He was my favorite player as a teenager.

Payton near the end, image 6

Reggie White: sad

Roberto Clemente: I first read about his life when I was 10 and he has been a favorite of mine since. I have a big pic of Clemente in my study and own his rookie card.

Hank Gathers: This was just horrible. How could you not get choked up when Bo Kimble shot those free throws left handed for Hank.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 PM

Tom Mees

Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While i agree that Big L's death was indeed a huge tragedy, i think your speculation on his potential is baseless. At the time of his death, i believe he didn't have a record deal, and was sleeping on his mother's couch. He was obviously talented, but many others have shown that this doesn't necessarily translate to mainstream success. Even today, his albums are only cult classics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cult classics? Well he died before he could do anything with his popularity, so of course they aren't huge mainstream successes (although certified Gold isn't exactly a failure). He was also going to be signed to Rocafella, but died a week prior.

Anyway, that's not even the point I am arguing. Regardless of how big he might've became, it's still [censored] up that he was killed over something he wasn't directly involved in.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How has no one mentioned any rappers yet? [image]
I woouldn't be sad if all rappers died.Then maybe the world would remember what music is.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:27 AM

Reggie White
Old 02-10-2007, 12:31 AM

John Candy, John Belushi made me sad because I thought they had barely tapped their real potential -- I actually liked their somewhat more straight roles quite a bit.

Jim Croce dying really bummed me out. So did Harry Chapin. John Lennon's really bummed me out big time.

Raymond Carver because his talent was so vast and I felt he still had a lot more truly great writing in him. Also because his life had been pretty hard and sad sometimes, and yet he pulled miraculous art out of it and still achieved great success, if only for a while before he died.

James Dean and Bruce Lee both died some time before I was even aware of it, but I felt they also had tremendous potential that the world really lost out on by their early passing.

Haing Nsgor or whatever that guy's name was who played the doctor in The Killing Fields. He seemed like a good guy in real life, had already had more than his share of sufferng, and his murder was so stupid and vicious.

Either of the Kennedys -- but if the other one bit it, I don't think it would have much effect.

A painter whose name I can't recall. Painted a picture of a tortured prisoner having a ladle of water held up to his mouth so he could drink. Really got to me, and I wish I had that picture today.

Those are the first ones that came to mind.