Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Treadmills?

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't elipitcal machines better for you? Why do so many people use Treadmills over that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use treadmills instead of elliptical trainers because when I use to workout on elliptical trainers, they did not help increase my endurance at all. Also using elliptical trainers felt like a much easier workout to me unless I jacked up the resistance really high.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:58 PM

I have some treadmill questions bc I'm thinking of buying one:

1) I have a bungalow and the basement is not done so I don't want to go down there to exercise. If I put a treadmill on the main floor, how loud will it be when I'm on the treadmill? Will it make the whole house shakes? Anyone have a treadmill at home thats not in a basement? How is it?
2)I am skinny. If I run but don't do weights, will my arms get even skinnier? Or just around my stomach(hopefully).
3) Will it make my legs any more powerful as in leg press power? Or only more endurance?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't elipitcal machines better for you? Why do so many people use Treadmills over that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh I want to actually feel like I'm running, not having my legs guided by a machine. They are for old people and people with bad knees if you ask me.

Treadmill>>>>Eliptical
Old 02-08-2007, 07:28 PM

junk
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) I have a bungalow and the basement is not done so I don't want to go down there to exercise. If I put a treadmill on the main floor, how loud will it be when I'm on the treadmill? Will it make the whole house shakes? Anyone have a treadmill at home thats not in a basement? How is it?
2)I am skinny. If I run but don't do weights, will my arms get even skinnier? Or just around my stomach(hopefully).
3) Will it make my legs any more powerful as in leg press power? Or only more endurance?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get a treadmill. yes it will make your arms skinnier because you cannot spot reduce fat and i assume your diet is poor, you're probably in a catabolic state a lot, and running will not combat this in any way. it will not make your legs stronger either.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't get a treadmill. yes it will make your arms skinnier because you cannot spot reduce fat and i assume your diet is poor, you're probably in a catabolic state a lot, and running will not combat this in any way. it will not make your legs stronger either.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I was thinking of getting a treadmill cus I want to live longer.....plus it might help me play better hockey
Old 02-08-2007, 07:42 PM

eliptical machine is the way to go man
Old 02-08-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everybody love treadmills. I absolutely hate them. If I run 3 or 4 miles on a treadmill its boring as hell, it feels like I've been running forever, and I get extra sweaty. When I go to the gym I don't understand why the treadmills are packed and no one is on the track. Girls especially seem to run on the treadmill, WHY?

Running outside>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;Running on a track>>>>>>Treadmill

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But I live in Wisconsin, it's below zero outside right now, and I NEEEEEED to run. So, I hop on the treadmill in my basement.

It's not ideal, and I am willing to run three times as far outside. But if it allows me to get in my 3-6 miles daily without getting frostbite, well, that's what I gotta do.

Also, I have a 2-year-old son and am home with him during the days (I work nights, my wife works days). I have a very nice running stroller which I'm more than willing to use when it's above 40 degrees - and he loves the fresh air and scenery. But I just can't take him outside when it's cold, so, again, the treadmill is a must for me.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:02 PM

Girls run at gym = wanting guys to check/ask them out.

Guys run at gym = wanting to check/ask girls out.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI