Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: I really wanna talk about....

When I first read the post of the 76s hand I was thinking the same thing and I am surprised that people would c/f the 76s but c/c or even c/r the Ts. Beyond the "prettiness" factor of the Ts, how are they a better hand? IMO, the 76s has more potential since you have 5 outs to improve against Kx or 88+ instead of just 2 outs (ignoring the 88, 99 that beats you in hand 2 and you beat in hand 1).

For both hands I like c/c, lead turn better than c/r flop because you get to see one more card. Most players do not like to fold on the flop after they put money in unless you make a >pot sized raise. So you are putting more money in for them to just call. The c/c lead turn allows you to see the turn and reassess where u are at. If another over comes it is an easy c/f turn, if a card lower than T comes you can lead 1/2 - 2/3 pot and then fold if raised (still cheaper than the c/r flop option). If a T comes then you just hit the jackpot.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 PM

matrix - was just pointing out that good players raising the turn doesn't make floating unprofitable. In fact it can be more profitable against such a player.

I agree most 50NLers won't make that turn raise. Was just countering an earlier point that someone made about raising the turn with a wide range....

and I never said anything but always floating here, or taking one line, etc. In NL sometimes we must vary our play [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 PM

Being OOP against a good player with a middle pair is likely -EV. Why was the plan preflop to flat call, not reraise? Were you set mining? Did you think he would c-bet whiffed hands and give up? (suggest c/c flop, c turn). Did you think he would fire 3 barrels with five high so you could call him down? Did you think he'd only bet if he flopped top pair (c flop, lead safe turn)? Do you think he'll only call a donk with top pair?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c flop is fine. turn play is based off the card and how aggro villan is. if he's pretty aggro i would just check again. overall, at this level, i would check again most times. people dont double barrel nearly enough to make our line exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
thank you orange