Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Parting is such sweet sorrow...

I envy your outlook on life...
and there are more important things than money

.... YOUR MY BOY BLUE....
Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 PM

I'll miss you man. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Now why can't you log on and say high every now and then? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 09:12 PM

Good luck blue, I wish you all the best.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 PM

I just wanted to thank you for your excellent insights and suggestions. I haven't been posting on here too long, but you've been a great source of advice at all times that I was seeking advice.

I admire your eternal optimism and know you will be able to overcome the obstacles that you face to come. Best of luck in the road ahead. I only wish I had started posting earlier to have taken advantage more of your aide
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 PM

Best wishes. If you're ever in Vegas, look me up.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 PM

I already commented but I just wanted to say that big ups and respect for being the father that you are to your girls. Your dediecation is so unbelievably awesome and sweet because so many parents decide to [censored] it when they experience a bad beat with their mate. keep up the pwnage being a great dad and don't let this small [censored] phase you. life isn't about money its about lveo and happiness w/ those most important to you...and maybe drinking a few too many drinks from time to time [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] total respect for ya bro...next time i'm up your way to soaring eagle i'll let you know, maybe we could get a brew or two? It's all on me.

galapagos islands fo life!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 12:30 AM

Although i haven`t been to long on 2+2, you have all of my respect for your decision.
Thx that you shared your story. I can`t tell you how much a young guy like me can learn in reading that stuff. Your honesty with yourself is admirable. Keep on fighting and never, ever give it up. I believe that there are many millionaires out there, who would like to switch with you.

Thx for modding and giving so much to this forum!

Btw, do you have any kind of blog etc?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thx for modding and giving so much to this forum!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah. I have your 5k posts on my to-do list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So there you have it. To be honest, it is a tremendous relief – despite what are to be a couple unpleasant months ahead. I’m as big an optimist as you’ll ever meet. I’m one of the sick types that can actually find the simple beauty in taking on whatever life has to throw at you. I’m thankful for the ability to take on the inevitable ‘downswings’. A shrug, head shake, and a quick smile for recognizing the sheer randomness that is life, and the velocity at which the host of experiences can present themselves. Some days are better than others - but every day I'm giving is nothing short of an amazing one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. That's very inspiring.

I havn't been here for a very long time, but I really mean I'm sorry to see you go. You seem like one of the nicest people around here, allways patiently explaining stuff to the noobs like me, allways very mature and well spirited. I think the sttf has taken a real hit with your leaving. I wish you sort everything out and get a life without worrying about the "monies" because that really sucks. -J
Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 AM

Bill Frist has destroyed a lot of families. I wish he could read your post.

I too hit the financial wall when a business went bust; I'm using poker to support my family (and I had 12 years in the military); the only way it works for me is to live in a cheap country, Peru. Strong family values, beautiful weather 365 days a year, and no hassles from the government. Making such a massive change has been traumatic; I used to live in Chelsea next door to a famous actress, lived the high life etc, but now amidst relative poverty I find I am happier, healthier, thinner and can see my youngest boy blossom as he speaks both English and Spanish. I have every belief that you will create a new and better life, the very best of luck to you.