Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: National City Bank rejects Poker Stars check

[ QUOTE ]
I would have stood there as long as it took for them to contact and verify with Chexx Inc. and deposit the check or for a manager to show up and explain why they they won't accept the check and then immediately close my account with them and find a new bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I don't understand why people put up with such BS.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:52 PM

I don't get it. I've cashed poker stars checks before and they are completely nondescript. I don't think anyone looking at it would have any clue it had anything to do with Poker, gaming, or the internet. They are, however, waaay out of town checks. WTF ? Please post follow up; this feels like the spread of unnecessary hysteria.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this feels like the spread of unnecessary hysteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was. OP found the dumbest teller in the bank plus the OP looked sketchy as hell.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was. OP found the dumbest teller in the bank plus the OP looked sketchy as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could include as much as 1/3 of all tellers and 1/3 of 2+2, this may be more relevant than we initially thought.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:05 PM

Go cash that [censored] at one of those paychecks places like McDermott did in rounders ;-)
Old 02-02-2007, 06:52 PM

My check came from Poker Stars today. It was a standard Chexx check. It looked a lot like paychecks I used to get from work, except for the fact that it was pink. There is nothing descript enough to cause a teller to instantly look at it and have no faith in it. If anyone's still worrying, OP is trolling, pay him no attention.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My check came from Poker Stars today. It was a standard Chexx check. It looked a lot like paychecks I used to get from work, except for the fact that it was pink. There is nothing descript enough to cause a teller to instantly look at it and have no faith in it. If anyone's still worrying, OP is trolling, pay him no attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. It's a standard check, the teller instantly gave me a receipt and I was out the door in seconds, no problems. Calm down guys.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Easy for you to say Mr. relatively professional looking. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 08:49 PM

Chexx Deposit Trip Report

I took a 6-figure Stars/Chexx check to my bank (Suntrust) today for deposit. Went up to the teller, everything went fine there, she said they'd take it to her manager. I sat down with the manager, maybe a half hour total, most of it with her in and out of the room checking various things. Ended up with a deposit slip no problem, but she said my money would not be accessible until February 16th. A 10-business day hold on the check. I asked if there was any chance the money would be accessible earlier, and she said probably not. Asked why the hold was there, and she said that the routing number on the check was not in "their book", and they weren't sure it would clear. Fair enough, I don't balme them for being cautious. I was pleased enough with the transaction I guess. I'm confident that if everything's fine on Stars/Chexx's end, I'll get paid. They took the check, said my money would be accessible if it clears, and that's all I can ask for I guess. So I'll wait the two weeks and see if it's in there...

I doubt that's a lot of help to anyone, but it's another perspective for anyone that's paranoid (like I was before today).
Old 02-02-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This could include as much as 1/3 of all tellers and 1/3 of 2+2, this may be more relevant than we initially thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, so true